The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
I'm really loving it. Some stuff irks me and I find myself getting stuck a lot, but that's Zelda.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
Well, like one side mission is to balance like five pumpkins while walking. And every time you fail, you have to go through the same dialog; there's no quick skip or anything. I guess it's a personal thing, but I was getting frustrated and having to listen to this bitch tell me how to balance pumpkins was making me even more frustrated. The "tutorials" are long winded and it just bothers me. The companion, Fi, is stupid and flat. She's so boring. IMO, this game actually shows a lot of emotion and character despite having a silent protagonist, but Fi is just analytical and BORING.

Other than all THAT, The Wii Motion+ works amazingly well, and it definitely has more pros than cons.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
The pumpkin thing was pretty dumb. I wouldn't say the dialogue for that was very long, but I had to repeat it several times as well. Good thing you only have to do that once.

I don't have a problem with Fi, but I wasn't a big fan of Midna either. To me, Fi reminds me of Navi from OoT. Just there to annoy you and give you information when needed. I think the same comparison could be compared between Navi and Tatl from Majoras Mask, in that Navi was more one sided, whereas Tatl had a personality.

My major issue is getting the sword to swing the right way, and it might be because I'm sitting down. I have better luck when standing usually. I noticed this problem more with those damn yellow Deku Babas. More often than now, I'm just sitting there beating them in the head. Also fuck those Lizalfos.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
Last night I was having a huge problem with the beetle and having to guide bombs around. I don't know if it's because my controller was kind of low on batteries or what. But I just recalibrated it and it seemed to work fine afterwards.

TL;DR does it work fine at first and then slowly begin to get worse? If so, try to calibrate it I guess.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
my favorite dungeon so far has been the
SANDSHIP!

oh my god the mini boss and the boss fights were great! and i also liked how it was more puzzle oriented rather than combat oriented. as in, there were only bokoblins for the most part, not a shit ton of enemies. SIGH, so fun.

the game has really picked up. i'm not a fan of the trials, but that's just because they make me so nervous.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I beat this game earlier. Final Bosses = Epic. Ending = Epic. Dungeons were ok, but game acted like they designed the last few hours of the game, and then just built the first 30 hours+ to give you a reason to get to the end.

One of the best games of this generation however. Not sure if it's better than Twilight Princess because it doesn't have fishing!! But it's the game everyone imagined they wanted to play when Nintendo first announced the Wii in regards to the controls.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
Ah man, I've never understood why people got so mad that he was right handed. (no offence or anything!) I mean I'd understand if they made Link right handed in Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks since they're sequels to Wind Waker, but for the most part, every Link is a different person!

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
well with TP it was easy to play cause me and Link are lefties so when I was moving the sword, it felt natural

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
I beat this game earlier. Final Bosses = Epic. Ending = Epic. Dungeons were ok, but game acted like they designed the last few hours of the game, and then just built the first 30 hours+ to give you a reason to get to the end.

One of the best games of this generation however. Not sure if it's better than Twilight Princess because it doesn't have fishing!! But it's the game everyone imagined they wanted to play when Nintendo first announced the Wii in regards to the controls.

OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow baybee!