The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
Just wait til you hear those ending credits!
They're so beautiful.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
After reflecting on this game:

+ MotionPlus was a perfect choice for this game.
+ Great takes on all the classic characters and the themes the series strives for.
+ Save for one stinker, fantastic boss fights.
+ Ghirahim is a great villain. Ganondorf is about as threatening as Dr. Wily at this point. He's just the "I wanna take over the world guy." I thought I was going to miss him cause they attempted to make him more menacing in Twilight Princess (for the 2 seconds he was in there), but I didn't. To be as gaudy and fabulous as he is, Ghirahim is a great foil to Link.
+ Music was on par with the rest of the series for the most part, orchestrated tracks were lovely.
+ Groose is my homeboy.
+ Impa is my homegirl.

- Some backtrackin and lack of a proper lower hubworld kind of miffed me.
- There is no dialogue speedup/skip option. Some of that shit gets way too long winded. (Fi telling me something obvious, the freaking boss rush minigame.)
- I grew to like Fi, but she just seems so lackluster compared to Midna. She feels more like Link's common sense/conscience than a sidekick/friend.
- It had to end.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
I'm at the mine cart part.

Sand sea theme = le beautiful.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
So the final dungeon has some of the most innovative design the series has ever seen IMO.

I've got one piece of
The Triforce
gonna try and finish it tomorrow.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
God damn son you still haven't beaten this game!?

dunce_cap.jpg

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
picked up a couple wiimote plus adapters yesterday to put under the tree. can't wait to finally play this beast.