Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
OMG THAT STALFOS FIGHT MUSIC HNNNNNNNGH

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Why is everyone being such a dick to Link?

Zelda, her father -- heck, just about everyone in Link's hometown (this time) of Skyloft was giving him crap. The townspeoples' attitude painted a very specific picture for me: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword's Link is apparently the Spicoli of Skyloft.

You can imagine my surprise, considering how many Legend of Zelda games I've played (which would be just about all of them, CD-i games notwithstanding). It's like nobody in Skyloft expected much of Link beyond sleeping in, even today, when his chance to become a knight-in-training rests on flying (and winning) in the big race.

Suddenly, I felt more invested in Link that I had in my entire life. I wanted to prove all of these jerks wrong -- and I did, competing (and winning) in the big race. My prize was a one-on-one rap session with Zelda and a homemade parachute in the game, but the more important prize was my attachment to Skyward Sword. From this moment on, I was hooked.

MOAR: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/08/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-preview/

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
WALe, I'm kinda worried about the motion+ experience now! But I trust that Nintendo didn't mess it up too bad!

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Man, I really want this game but I'll probably have to wait until Christmas.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
So I'm on board, I'm not waiting for this puppy.

Oh my god. Between Skyrim and Zelda November is going to be fucking incredible.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Bought the CE. That golden Zelda controller was too neat to pass up.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
How much are those motion plus attachments? If they're cheap I might get one once theres an AP patch for SS.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Can get one off ebay for like $5. Retail, I think is $20.

Also, look at me swingin:

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T2fKXV8dLl0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
fancy.jpg

Looks AWESOME.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Here are some snippets from the Game Informer Review (Which was a perfect 10 btw)
# This is the first game I’ve played that delivers on the promise sparked by that initial Wii remote showing.”
# The last two boss encounters are the most difficult fights in any Zelda
# The biggest surprise is the story. He mentions that previous games have been fairly predictable, but this is a big step up for the franchise.
# He mentions that some gamers might not like the amount of time that it takes to fly from island to island. The review does say that it’s faster than traveling in Wind Waker.
# “The vast, open Hyrule Field is replaced by tinier, more disconnected, and more puzzle-centric ground areas leading up to dungeons.”
# His first playthrough took him over 40 hours
# The physical size of the world is smaller than Twilight Princess
# You’ll occasionally have backtrack through areas while during fetch questions. He says that this isn’t too big of a deal since they change the environments up enough to still make things interesting.
# “From a gameplay and story standpoint, this is the biggest shift the series has ever seen…”