The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Some details from the new Nintendo Power. Some light spoilers here so don't read it if you're a pussy.

- Ghirahim seeks to revive his master.
- The headmaster of the Knight Academy Link goes to is named Gaepora.
- Gaepora is Zelda's father.
- Gaepora laugh like this "Hoo hoo hoo", which seems Owl like.
- Zelda wakes up Link one morning to show him her dress for the Bird Riders ceremony.
- Noticing how lazy Link is about his flying training, Zelda pushes him off the edge of Skyloft.
- During the "date" after the competition, Zelda is trying to tell something to Link she's been meaning to tell him for a long time, but is interrupted by a tornado.
- Link has nightmares of the black creature that shallows Zelda.
- During the attack of said creature, Link is saved by his bird, which are called Loftwings.
- Fi appears in Skyloft after the attack and Link chases her all around Skyloft to the Goddess Statue.
- The Sheikhas Stones are back.
- The Eldin Volcano's dungeon is NOT the Fire Temple, it's the EARTH Temple.
- The bullies are named Groose, Cawlin and Stritch. Groose, the red-haired one, has a big crush on Zelda.
- Other characters includes Pipit, a senior student and bird expert. And Fledge, a nice guy but kind of a wimp.

Gameplay details:

- Night/Day transition does not occur in real-time. Link must go to bed and choose to get up at night or at day.
- Monster appear during the night. Cats become aggressive.
- The HUD is customization. Standard, Light and Pro. Standard shows the full controller overlay and button functions, Light only the buttons and Pro is almost completely clean.
- The only way to save your game is with the birds statues. They are pretty much everywhere, including mid-dungeon and right before boss rooms.
- Skyward Sword's official name is the "Goddess Sword"
- Link has multiple premonitions involving the strange pointy-toothed creature seen gobbling Zelda up in the original E3 2011 trailer
- Skyloft has a full-blown residential quarter, a bazaar, the plaza, a bath house and more
- knock background objects over
- the treasure cubes we've seen in footage are called "Goddess Cubes"
- the sword beam is referred to as the "Skyward Strike"
- From the sky, you can return to any activated Save Statue on the surface.
- Scaldera's official name is the "Pyroclastic Fiend Scaldera"
- Link has to raid a Bokoblin camp to rid Eldin Volcano of their presence once he arrives there
- earn the Digging Gloves and Bomb Bag from the Mogma as thanks for his help
- the Sheikah-like character from the recent trailer is very "ninja-like"

Source: http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=162376

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
kasfajLAFJLfjfawi I can't wait ohmgaomgaotawsd

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I want this game so bad.

Let's list our top 5 zelda games:

1. Ocarina of Time/3DS
2. Majora's Mask
3. Link To The Past
4. Twilight Princess
5. Link's Awakening

I need to play: Wind Waker. Maybe I start that tonight?!

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
1. Wind Waker
2. Link to the Past
3. Ocarina of Time
4. Minish Cap
5. Link's Awakening

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I bought a n64 with oot and majoras mask to celebrates

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
8Wa6Q.jpg

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Hey bayle, can I haz your copi?

kthx.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Ric Flair says:

SHOULDA BOUGHT THIS INSTEAD OF RAGE! WOOO!

:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

[video=youtube;i4EnBneAbKs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4EnBneAbKs[/video]

:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
You know me! Guns, tits, and explosions over solid gameplay and artistic direction ANY DAY!

[video=youtube;g9dftLTH1Qg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9dftLTH1Qg[/video]

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Take away the hair and tack on about 200 pounds and it's perfect!

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
From : http://www.nintendodaily.org/2011/10/07/faron-woods-kikwis-skyview-and-more/

Nintendo continues their gradual unveiling of Skyward Sword with even more videos, screenshots, and informational tidbits today! Today’s info is all about Faron woods, which are inhabited by the adorable Kikwi, and the spooky Skyview Temple.

But before we get to the new videos, let’s take a look at some of the new information released from third party websites. Destructoid released an article detailing their experience traveling through Faron Woods and into Skyview Temple right here. If you want to save yourself the read, here is a summarized version of what their experience was like, as stated by ZI:

- After meeting Fi and simultaneously acquiring the Skyward Sword, you pick up your first shield, which you will upgrade throughout the game. Your first shield is not only flammable, but it is not impenetrable to all enemy attacks. This makes me wonder how many people are going to break their shields in the first dungeon.
- The shield will deteriorate over time from use, and it will eventually be destroyed, unless you go back to Skyloft to get it repaired. This will apply to other equipment as well.
- After landing in the forest, Link learns how to dowse. When dowsing, your sword (aka your Wiimote) will beep and vibrate as you get close to the thing you are looking for.
- Next you encounter your first real enemies in the game: a couple Bokoblins, who the reviewer notes were surprisingly challenging and that he had to really watch how his enemies moved in order to defeat them.
- With each encounter your sword tactics will vary, not only because each enemy is different, but because your enemies all have different AI and will block and counter your attacks differently.
- You then come across an engraved stone. While standing in front of the stone you must hold your sword up to the heavens to charge it before swinging it down. This will open a bunch of steam holes in the ground, which, using your sailcloth, you can use to access a new path.
- You meet and talk with “some mystical figure living in a cave.”
- Next up, you meet a Kikwi, disguised as a bush (these guys are totally Kokiri, calling it now), who sends you off to the elder Kikwi. The elder will tell you to find three other Kikwi before he helps you.
- The three Kikwi are hidden in new areas of the map, so you will to explore while you are looking for them. After finding them all, you are given passage to the Skyview temple.
- The reviewer doesn’t want to spoil the dungeon puzzles too much but says that they are “outright devious.”
- There are no compasses in this game. The compass’s function has been coupled with the map.
- Not only are there spiders everywhere, but there are also bugs (for the bug hunting sidequest).
- You find the beetle item and use it to make your way through the dungeon.
- The miniboss is a Stalfos Warrior.
- Finally to the boss: Demon Lord Ghirahim. The battle begins with him fighting you swordless, then with a sword, and finally he begins rushing you.
- After you defeat Ghirahim, he says that Zelda’s presence is fading and he leaves.
- After he exists you acquire a new Heart Container and a shard that fits into the base of the Goddess Statue.

Now here are Kotaku’s new tidbits of information:

- Skyward Sword will feature a “medal” system that gives Link status upgrades like making his potions refill more hearts.
- Fi can analyze your inventory to see if it’s suitable for your current environment. This ties in with the “Storage Shop” and picking which items to take with you on your current adventure.

Now on to the trailers that I know you all want to see!

[video=youtube;HyquRaZnUR4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyquRaZnUR4[/video]

[video=youtube;QglZE62-H9w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QglZE62-H9w[/video]