News Gamer Handles Radio

News

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
LRN2READ.

But it will be up within the next hour or so for a while today, for more testings.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
So idea been kicking around, is that certain nights during the week would be special nights, from lets say 7pm-11pm, where we would only play certain types of music.

Some ideas:

Old School Nintendo Night -> only songs from NES/SNES games.
Remix Night -> only game remixes.
Nintendo Night -> Only songs from Nintendo developed games.
Xbox Night -> Only songs from Xbox 360 exclusive games.
Playstation Night -> Only songs from PS3 exclusive games.

Of course we could have other special nights for game releases/holidays/etc.

Let me know what you guys think, and which ones you would be interested in listening too.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Sounds like a good idea! It would be neat to also have blocks with themes like "FPS tracks", "JRPG tracks", "Zelda tracks", or whatever.

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
Blocks meaning periods of time like
7-9pm Zelda Theme
9-1030pm Mass Effect Block

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
I think I'm having the same problems as most. First song works fine. Everything after that gets choppy. I'm streaming through my web browser.

Are there any legal ramifications to streaming this stuff over the internet? Seems like it could get you in trouble if you plan to broadcast the feature in order to get hits. I don't know, though. Just a thought.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I think I'm having the same problems as most. First song works fine. Everything after that gets choppy. I'm streaming through my web browser.

Are there any legal ramifications to streaming this stuff over the internet? Seems like it could get you in trouble if you plan to broadcast the feature in order to get hits. I don't know, though. Just a thought.

party-pooper-guarantee.jpg

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
So bandwidth usage will be the deciding factor here, preventing me from running this 24/7. It would simply eat up too much bandwidth, so we'll just have certain times that the server is online.

Tomorrow will be NES songs, but I have not decided on the hours yet.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Since it's last day of month, I will probably have this started up again soon.

Last edited:

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
I can't get it to work, says I need a codec but I don't have time to phunk around.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
are you using windows media player or that crappy flash player that dont work?!