Your Top 3 Games of 2014

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Why 3? Because I said so! Post 'em!

#1: Final Fantasy X HD. Yes, FFX came out in 2001, but this still counts. I put in 150+ hours on one file to do everything in the game and get the platinum trophy. Then I did a Lulu-only challenge. Then I did a speed-run (13 hours or so). Then I played through the game again. Long story short, I really like FFX, and I spent about 4 months doing nothing but playing it this year, so yeah.

#2: Dragon Age: Inquisition. 75 hours played so far. One of Bioware's best.

#3: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor. Wasn't expecting too much from this game, but it was a great surprise with its incredible AI system and fun open-world exploration / combat.

Honorable mentions: Infamous Second Son; The Last of Us Remastered.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
#1 Smash Bros
Fun game, that unfortunately I've haven't really had as much time as I wanted to play as past installments. Dat 60fps.

#2 Mario Kart 8
Probably the best installment yet. Finally fixes the blue shell at least somewhat, and enough online rage that we quit playing within about a week. Good times.

#3 Dragon Age: Inquisition
Awesome game all around. Makes me want to replay the original, and play the 2nd game just to see how the story changes.

Honorable Mention: Hyrule Warriors
I didn't have the highest expectations for this game, but its really really fun. Plenty of fan service all around.

It pisses me off that they are releasing FFX HD for PS4 now. Would have much rather had it on there than PS3.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Lol yeah Square-Enix is in full troll mode. FFX HD on PS4! FF7 on PS4! For sixteen dollars! And we're doing this because we know you dumb sons of bitches are gonna buy it!

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
1. Mario Kart 8 (WiiU)
Easily the most refined of the series, with my only complaint being the lack of a proper battle arena.

2. Fantasy Life (3DS)
So far I've put about 35-40 hours into this game and I don't see me slowing down soon (and thats a lot for me these days). Its kind of like... harvest moon meets animal crossing meets monster hunter?

3. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (WiiU)
Super solid platforming fun, and cranky bounces on his cane scrooge mcduck style!

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I have Fantasy Life and I think I screwed up by picking Fishing class first. Otherwise, a real fun game.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I actually started with fishing class too, it was quite a while before I started leveling up a combat class, and I ended up going with Paladin. I have all non combat classes and Paladin up to at least adept now, and a few at the next level after that.