Yknow what sucks

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
People who say that the original Super Mario Brothers on the NES is the best game of all time. NO. It is NOT the best game of all time. Sure, you can say it's the most important game, the most influencial game, the most popular game. You can call it your favorite game. However, I'm sorry but it is just NOT the best game of all time. To honestly call a simple side-scrolling platformer the best game of all time basically nulls the achievements of every game released over the past 20 years.

I can't say what the best game of all time is, there probably isn't one. However, if there is one, it ain't Super Mario Brothers.

The same way the Beatles are not the best band ever. Sure, they were super influencial and a lot of music wouldn't exist or be the same without them. But they are nowhere NEAR the best band ever. Most of their songs haven't held up well at all and are just crap to listen to now. HIPPIES.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Oh sure it's still good fun to play

but it aint no way the best game ever

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
But that does give soem credibility to those who do say best game ever. there have been alot of games that were made better than SMB, but do you wanna go back and play all of em?

It's the same way that people (me) say that old music is the best. Because even now, it's great. Will all the bullshit on the radio now be remembered in 30 years? Nope.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
actually yeah there are plenty of old games i'd rather play than SMB

I mean, SMB holds up because it's so simple and everybody can play it. i like playing SMB. in another 20 years i'm sure there will be games from this time period that i'll want to play.

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
yeah but not every game that isn't "a simple side-scrolling platformer". Taht was the point I was making. Just cause something made now has SPECIAL EFFECTS doesn't mean it's more enjoyable in the long run than something that doesn't.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
i agree, but there are games with gameplay I find superior to simple side scrolling, and enjoy moreso than SMB.

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
I think Joe is right, there might not be a single best game. Maybe best games of the year, but it would be very hard to find a very best game of all time.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Of course I'm right, it's me we're talking about here.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
mm1 is shit.

mm2 is the best of originals. (although mm3 is better playing)

mmx is just win. and yes, i beat the hell out of it on anniversary collection. like instabeat. lol.