Xeforce discussion

Ultima9999

lolz mog
Nov 10, 2003
I thought it might be good to initiate a discussion on what people want to see at Xeforce. Essentially, this website has no theme; however, in keeping with the spirit that Xeforce is an "online community", it should be accomodating as such. BLAH.

Some things that I would like to see in Xeforce:

A review section for video games and movies. I think that a variety of video games and movies could be discussed here, but we could also expand the review section to include books and music. This could be a way for the community to interact and make people more aware, as well as provide meaningful discussion in the forum.

A rant section. People could express their views and (if they managed to write a well-thought article) promote disucssion in the forums. Once again, the theme is to provide meaningful contribution to the community and the forums.

A webcomic. I just want this. And we all know webcomics have message boards...

A news that could pertain to a variety of articles... (mostly those that interest the staff, hehe). While this wouldn't necessarily make the community more active, it'd give Tarvis an excuse to update the dates on the webpage more often. This would smokescreen the fact that Xeforce is dead:D .

Perhaps a general user submission area. I have no idea how this would work out, but it would provide a creative outlet for the members, as well as attractive new people to the forums.

Mitch

The Big Dog
Sep 13, 2007
wow the description you just gave out sounds sort of like my site
except this site would actually go along with it all

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
I suggested a review section back at ZX, so I second it. Rant forums are always fun. They always manage to cause long arguements, but it's all good. I also suggested a news section. I almost never read the newspaper or watch news on tv, so maybe with this I can keep up on what's going on. All those ideas sound great.

Ultima9999

lolz mog
Nov 10, 2003
I think it could be interesting if people could post their rants in a fashion aside from the message board (they would of course be able to receive feedback). I favor this idea because it brings people to the site, and not necessarily to the forums.

A debate forum would be excellent.

Mitch

The Big Dog
Sep 13, 2007
debate forums are good, especially if the arguements are really hardcore

MasterChief

Octorok
Nov 10, 2003
yeah I like to post in those.... but not about Religious stuff... Ive been in too many of those...

but if there is no real theme.... then I suggest the whole site to be either about site design or just have the forum as the whole site.... since XE FORCE is an online community... it would make sense...

Zangora

Deku Scrub
Nov 10, 2003
I agree with MasterChief, religion is a topic to avoid if you don't want everything going up in flames. But if it can be managed in a civilized manner, a debate forum or a rant section (or both) would be an interesting addition.

For my part, seeing as this appears to be a blank slate website, how about stuff on roleplaying? I mean, if anyone else is interested at all. I don't recommend yet another site full of rules lawyers and prestige classes coming out the wazoo, but maybe reviews of different systems and things like that. It could even be limited to RPG console & computer games.

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
look at these fuckers suggesting shit.

they didnt even stay.

pricks.

Eternal

Castle Guard
Nov 7, 2007
Haha, I love how you guys just dug this fuckin post out of 4 years ago almost to the date today.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
That's what we call necroposting, we do that a lot round these here parts

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
i'll just sneak this in here

Attachments

• ligervslink.jpg
    ligervslink.jpg