WOT

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
The Kinect charge gathers pace. Corporate VP of Microsoft Game Studios Phil Spencer has revealed that he believes all first-party Microsoft games will feature some kind of Kinect support from here on in.

Though Spencer is not making it a rule, he believes that all first-party titles have something to gain from motion sensor support.

“It’s not a mandate that everything we do in first-party has to support Kinect right now,” he told Gamespot.

“But I will say, specifically with voice, that there are some things that just seem to make navigating and playing games so much easier, that I would guess the answer will be yes in the end, that you’ll see all first-party games using some form of Kinect functionality.”

He continued, “Whether it’s voice in Forza or head-tracking in Forza, which you wouldn’t say is somehow turning the Forza gameplay experience on it’s head."

“Rather, it’s just using the advantages of what Kinect brings to make the experience better. So I think there’s some specific examples where Kinect makes everything better.”

Of Microsoft's upcoming roster of core games, Forza 4 is the only title to feature Kinect support, that we know about. It has already been confirmed that Gears of War 3 will not, but will Halo 4? According to Spencer it looks increasingly likely.

Source: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...ve-Kinect-Support-From-Now--Says-Spencer.html

TalesOfPants

Project DIVA
Mar 23, 2011
I like that they're focusing on making Kinect more of a complimentary addition to games rather than forcing it as the lone control method, thus ruining everything.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I like that they're focusing on making Kinect more of a complimentary addition to games rather than forcing it as the lone control method, thus ruining everything.

Exactly. Stuff like head tracking and voice commands complimenting the controller is cool.

Greg412

Deku Scrub
May 18, 2011
Yeah,but u know what else is great for voice? The headset,remember those? Keep kinect away from my damn shooters!:evil: