Which Fighter is best..

Cantz

Radical Dreamer
Apr 3, 2011
In this thread we discuss our biased opinions on which fighting game is the ultimate awesome of all fighters.. I love Blazblue and a close second is Guilty Gear. MvC3 was okay but was better when it was Tatsunoko vs Capcom. I really don't enjoy SSFIV.. Battle Fantasia is awesome and Mortal Kombat died a long time ago.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
I like Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Mortal Kombat, Capcom VS games, Virtua Fighter, and Soul Calibur.

And I'm terrible at all of them.

Cantz

Radical Dreamer
Apr 3, 2011
I love the fighting genre but I'm really partial to high speed. I bitch about anything but Blazblue but they all have their perks.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I like a lot of fighting games to be honest, never really tried the Blazblue/GG games though.

Then again, I much prefer playing fighting games amongst friends/acquaintances as opposed to just online randoms. I enjoy the cat and mouse mind game that develops as you observe each others play style.

TalesOfPants

Project DIVA
Mar 23, 2011
Virtua Fighter > King of Fighters > Dead or Alive > Marvel vs. Capcom > Capcom vs. SNK > Street Fighter

Rating series in which I've played more than one game.

Getting Blazblue soon though, looks amazing.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I also gotta add that I love that MvC3, it's just unbearable without a spectator mode.

rousinggameofmvc3.gif

Look at that action!

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
I bought Continuum Shift but I SUCK at that game! The only fighting games I've enjoyed really are SF, Capcom vs, and Dead or Alive I suppose.

Cantz

Radical Dreamer
Apr 3, 2011
I love Blazblue.. I would like to consider Dissidia a fighter because I love it but its core system is so.. awkward with its levels and equipment. It's really its own genre almost. RPG Fast Paced Brawler? Who knows..

MvC3 is cool but I was disappointed.. I've spread my opinions on that game all over x360a and don't care to continually whine about it. I like my fighter to be fast paced and more complex. Blazblue pretty much fits the bill spot on in what I had always wanted in a fighter. The main story is deep and entrancing and the characters are all unique and have their own place in what happens. Each character plays in their own special way and there really isn't a global BnB set up like there is in so many other fighters (ie you can't toss out L M H S [jump] j.M j.M j.H j.S for every character.. hell.. a rape all with Dante was L M H S [jump] j.M j.M [jump] j.M j.H 236L [land] S [jump] j.M j.M j.H 236H [land] 236XX and then you could DHC into several other supers.. most for a reset..).

Wait.. there I go.. See? I got myself into talking about it again. It's a solid game.. I just prefer Blazblue. I borrowed MvC3.. got the 1k and gave it back within a week's time so I didn't really give myself ample time for them to fix it up so it may be better now.

Last edited:

Cantz

Radical Dreamer
Apr 3, 2011
That's some hardcore card on card action...

Is it.... wrong for me to be slightly aroused right now?

You get to watch it go for a good 3 to 5 minutes between matches in a 3 man room.. nothing better to do than jerk it they say. I guess Capcom did it intentionally as a subtle technique to give you something to fap to while waiting..

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
It'd be marginally more exciting if one card actually beat up the other and they didn't just dry hump for eternity.

Cantz

Radical Dreamer
Apr 3, 2011
Agreed. If they ever do develop a spectator mode.. I bet it will be pay to play dlc.. Capcom enjoys making you buy everything.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
They'll probably just go all Chuck-E-Cheese style and make it cost 5 PSN cents or 5 Microsoft Points everytime you want to spectate a match. CHOOSE WISELY.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I agree with the above. Capcom sucks with dlc.