Theme

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
lawl theme time

Okay, point of thread is too come up with theme for the main site. ZELDA IS OUT. Also will be buying new domain to help with popularity, but don't worry xeforce.com will still work. Can suggest new domains name too that would relate to the subject matter.

It would help if I was interested in it, of course gaming related.

I would like serious responses for the most part. As of right now I'm leaning more towards Gears Of War, Crackdown, or something like that. But let's hear some responses from you people.

THANKS.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Crackdown and GoW are good, but are they really good enough to base the site on? While they both are good candidates because they'll obviously spawn sequels, and hopefully continue past that. But is there really enough GoW or Crackdown content? Crackdown maybe...

Anyway, I was thinking maybe GTA IV. But that is still a while away. Perhaps it could be a Wii site? There's some good games now, plus Metriod, Mario, and Smash Bros. will be huge.

EDIT: Or maybe a DS site, we could have a friend code database or whatever, and most of us have a DS right?

Last edited:

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
Gears > Crackdown. Especially now that MLG picked it up. Anyway, why not make it an overall gaming site? Mainly 360 since all of us have one, but Wii wouldn't be bad either.

Link182

The Assman
Nov 10, 2003
GTA IV would be a good idea, although it would be interesting to see just how many of us actually have it when it comes out considering the PS3's price. Maybe just a GTA site in general?

Of course, the classic theme that was always kicked around in this discussion was Final Fantasy. I don't know if you would still want to do that, but it might work considering FF12 has only been out for about six months. Plus, the FF series is an all-around popular theme to begin with.

Another good one could be Halo, what with Halo 3 just over the horizon. The Halo series would certainly attract a number of people in itself.

I haven't played very many new games in the past year (the only one I can think of is Twilight Princess), so as far as coming up with something that has to do with newer games, maybe other members would be better at deciding what would be best.

Myoia

CAT ADVENTURE
Apr 10, 2007
I think you should make an editorial website. I'd be willing to write weird shit for it.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
I dun think it should be necessarily a theme of one game; maybe just gaming in general. Or like other people have suggested, a gaming console. Just not PS3. Cus it lame. :<

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
The universal gaming site makes the most sense to me, but for just attracting members, Chris is right.

You need that one central thing everyone is in on. Whether it be GTA, FF, Halo or whatever the hell is hot at the moment.

Of course, I'm huge on Halo. Bronson is and Chris is. So you know, just sayin.

Last edited:

Link182

The Assman
Nov 10, 2003
Then, too, a general gaming site would take a LOT of work to keep up. Gaming sites like IGN and Gamespot have hundreds of people that work for them. I'm not saying that that's the size of site that we're shooting for, but just to keep up with all the new things that come out everyday in the gaming world would require much more effort than might be needed if the subject was one series or whatever. Not that I'm against the idea of a general gaming site, but just a thought.

It could work though, if we had everybody that's here now contribute an article now and then.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
yeah, but what kind of people would halo attract?

OMG FUCK U MATCHMAKING 4 THE WIN. SMG > BR.

and final fantasy?

omg cloud is so hot i might marri him ^-^ e-e

Everyone sucks.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I like the general gaming idea, where all the regulars contribute. Seems like it could be something along the lines of Joystiq.

Myoia

CAT ADVENTURE
Apr 10, 2007
There are already like a billion gaming websites out there. The fansite is dead, in my opinion. IGN and Gamespot killed them!

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
There are a bajillion websites about like everything. :/

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
WOULD YOU LIKE A BIGGER PENIS?

WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE IT?

I COULD SUGGEST SOME PLACES!