The little known Vidya gaem facts thread.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Just because I wasn't impressed with the demo it doesn't mean I'll stop liking Duke Nukem. Even if the full game sucks, I'm a Duketard for life. Like any real fan would be.

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
What I heard about Doki Doki Challenge was that the original Super Mario Bro 2 was deemed too hard for Americans, so they took the game Doki Doki Challenge, inserted Mario and his pals, and called it Mario 2.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Did you know a lot of old Mega Man characters are named after musical items/themes/bands/etc since the original "theme" of the game was fast paced Rock and Roll?

Rock (Mega Man's name) and his sister Roll
Rush his dog
Beat his bird
Tango his cat
Blues (Proto Man's japanese name) his "brother"
Bass and Treble

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
Also, Mario 2 was a dream, and Mario 3 was a stage play that Mario wrote about his adventures in Mario 1. Mario 1 was the only REAL adventure that Mario went on in the tri-series.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
But did you beat SMW? Also, to elaborate on SMB2 a little more, Shigeru Miyamoto was actually involved with Doki Doki Panic, while he wasn't involved with the original SMB2. So while it may not have been a "mario" game originally, to Miyamoto it was likely a spiritual successor.

BaZaRiaH

Castle Guard
Apr 24, 2011
due to the word ninja being banned in europe for being apparently too violent the following games had their names changed

ninja gaiden > shadow warriors
teenage mutant ninja turtles > hero turtles
shadow of the ninja > blue shadow

also other games had name changes and even graphical changes

contra > probotector
super c > probotector 2: return of the evil forces
river city ransom > street gangs

this trend of renaming even occurred in the snes days with contra 3 which become super probotector: alien rebels

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
http://www.gamesradar.com/wii/super...21044/c-1#10374492282508559748467990338216775

Shigeru-Miyamoto-on-Aussie-TV-tonight-1061214.jpg

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
I know I know!

I didn't get my own super nintendo until much later in the game for me, and by the time I got it, N64 was out!

In fact, I only got my own because I "borrowed" it from my ex-boyfriend when I was 14 (who STILL asks me about it when we bump into each other).