Sony trademarks Ad Hoc Party

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
The PSP has a ton of terrific multiplayer games. However, many use local multiplayer, commonly referred to as Ad-Hoc. Games like Monster Hunter are ideal for online play, but don't natively feature internet support. However, in Japan, there's an easy workaround: Ad-Hoc Party, a downloadable app that allows PSP owners with PS3 systems to simulate Ad-Hoc connections through the PlayStation Network. Suddenly, players can go head-to-head in Dissidia, even if they're not in the same room.

We quizzed SCEA if Ad-Hoc Party was going to come to America a few months ago, and they told us it was something they were looking into. Siliconera has discovered a new trademark that suggests SCEA may be localizing the connectivity feature. This is good news -- especially because Valkyria Chronicles 2 will support Ad-Hoc multiplayer.

I guess it doesn't really matter since we/anyone that wants it uses the Japanese client - but be nice to know what the menus mean.

SynGamer

Deku Scrub
Jul 28, 2009
I really hope this is released for the PS3 in N.A. this year. It would be nice to have everything in English and I can finally play some Pangya: Fantasy Golf with other people :)

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
Hey, I remember that Pangya on the PC and it was lots of fun back in the day.

I think they will probably release adhoc party in the next couple of months. The interface is simple and kinda cute for what it is, but an English version is always welcomed.