National Boycott of Gas buying on May 19th.

jr27430

:)
Nov 10, 2003
Boycott Gas Buying on May 19!

It has been calculated that if everyone in the United States did not purchase a drop of gasoline for one day and all at the same time, the oil companies would choke on their stockpiles. At the same time it would hit the entire industry with a net loss of over 4.6 billion dollars. Which affects the bottom lines of the oil companies. Therefore May 19 has been formally declared 'stick it up their behind' day and the people of this nation should not buy a single drop of gasoline that day.

The only way this can be done is if you tell as many people as you can and as quickly as you can about the boycott to get the word out. Waiting on this administration to step in and control the prices is not going to happen. What happened to the reduction and control in prices that the Arab nations promised two weeks ago?

Remember one thing, not only is the price of gasoline going up but at the same time airlines are forced to raise their prices, trucking companies are forced to raise their prices. Which affects prices on everything that is shipped. Things like food, clothing, building materials, medical supplies etc.

Who pays in the end? We do! We can make a difference. If they don't get the message after one day, we will do it again and again. So do your part and spread the word.

Tell everyone you know. Mark your calendars and make May 19 a day that the citizens of the United States say 'enough is enough!'

At this web site

spreading the word as they asked.

D

Don Francisco

I heard about this. People need to keep their cars etc. running. If they don't buy on the 19th they'll just buy on the 18th or 20th. It's not like people are going to stop using their cars. Either way everyone's still going to be buying the same amount of gas overall. It's a pretty stupid idea if you ask me.

jr27430

Nov 10, 2003
It might work. Its worth a try. I know I don't want to spend more money on gas than I have too. Or they need to make our hour wager higher than 6.50 hour for you guys work at McDonald's or other place like that. Iam glad I have my own Business. But money is tight some times. And the Gas price going up. I just think its Dumb. The most I ever paid for was 9/11/01 at 2.99 that day really pissed me off that day. Anyways hope this thing WORK.

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
This is the most retarded idea. It's just like Yoda said. This whole deal isn't going to change a thing. If you want to save on gas then stop using your car so much. Try riding a bicycle to work or wherever you're going.

1. It's healthy for you
2. It's healthier for the environment
3. It's free

D

Don Francisco

4) It takes all day to get to school and back.

It already takes me 45 minutes to get to school in a car and I have to wake up at 6, I can't even imagine going on bike.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Not to mention that the reason for gas prices being as high as they are is because of what 3rd world nations (Saudi-Arabia) charge them for gas. It doesn't matter, and this is the way things are. Prices go up, didn't your grandparents ever tell you how things used to be a nickel? You're going to be telling your grandkids how gas used to be $2 a gallon, when it's $20 a gallon in the future.

Link182

The Assman
Nov 10, 2003
It has to do with the law of supply and demand. Right now, everybody and their brother has an SUV. Most of these vehicles get somewhere around 13-18 mpg, so demand goes up. Supply has remained the same, therefore sending the price of gasoline to the ceiling.

jr27430

Nov 10, 2003
Back in 97 when I was going to work that morning this one gas station was 67 cents a gallon in Truman AR. I thought that was awesome.

King Tojo 1

THATHERTON!
Nov 11, 2003
I've been thinking the way that Travis does since gas prices started rising so much. Everything gets more expensive. My parents and grandparents have told me many times about how cheap things used to be compared to today, but at the same time people are making more on average. Besides, my dad lived in Italy for 2 years, and he said gas there was $2 a gallon 25 years ago, so we're not doing so badly I guess.

B

belle

I pay enough for the gas in my stupid car.
When I go to europe, I won't be driving.
oh and travis...
*poke*

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
we should talk some more belle.. i don't get on AIM very often anymore, so its probably more of my fault. >.>

B

belle

i'm never on the account that people know about. so it's my fault too.
someday i'll tell you that account name because you're not one of the people i'm avoiding on my main account. :}

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
I use that multiple user thing so that all ofy accounts can be on all at once.