Media and Violence

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
Near the beginning of the year I was asked to write an essay on my thoughts on the belief that violent video games, movies, and television has on young people. Pretty much I said it was a bunch of bull, and it's the parents fault for not paying attention to the ratings that go along with almost all entertainment these days. What do you guys think?

Kalnaur

Gibdo
Nov 10, 2003
It's also a parent's fault if they let their TV babysit thier child while they work all day long.

But if they don't work all day long, they can't pay the bills. The rich keep getting richer, the poor get poorer, and this is one of the effects of that poverty. No familiy time equals no healthy family; plus, workaholics consider it the "American way".

We have abandoned the thought of family for greed and convienience, and when all a child sees is violence, they learn from that violence.

So it's not just the ratings.;)

Ultima9999

lolz mog
Nov 10, 2003
Children learn a lot of their social skills from television. When they see violence in Saturday morning cartoons, children begin to associate aggression with resolution. I think that, in part, the media has contributed toward the combative nature that Americans behave.

MasterChief

Octorok
Nov 10, 2003
I think that "now" it has to do with where you live... you know the envirenment of the people surrounding you... and stuff like drugs and alcohol... and you know... friends going into gangs and you hate your life so you join too... there are many things...

Ultima9999

lolz mog
Nov 10, 2003
I don't know. I think that there is a very real message that is being conveyed by the media. If children are to act like adults, and if adults are to watch questionable content on tv, how are children suppossed to discern fantasy from reality?

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
Adults need to explain that it isn't real to their kids. Adults don't act like they do on TV. Children shouldn't be exposed to stuff that could give them a false impression of reality until they are able to tell the difference between fantasy and reality.

MasterChief

Octorok
Nov 10, 2003
1 thing, children aren't supposed to act like adults.... its the teenagers.... thats why you dont usually see kids carying guns and braking into kwiki marts :D

itisme

Deku Scrub
Nov 11, 2003
I think that it is the parents,creators, and the childs fault. depending on how old they are.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Whatever happened to people taking responsibility for themselves? How old are the kids that usually shoot other kids and say it was videogames? Early teens right? Please. It's the kids fault. I could care less how their parents were. They are WAY old enough to know that "Hey, a bullet really kills people!". If not, then they deserve to not be on the streets anyways, and at least in a mental institution, as they are retarded. We aren't talking rocket science here. It can be considered common sense. Blame the fucking kids, they are the one who shot people up. They are the ones who knew what they were doing. And throw their little virgin asses in jail so they can be ripped open anally by that big black guy named bubba.

What's next?  Suing the people who get shot because they were in the line of fire?  Please.  Should sue the car companies too because they put windows on cars, that do not put the warning label "these windows are not for shooting out of", or "these windows can be shot through".  Americans, and people in generally really, are retarded.

Chris

Sweet Little Lies
Jan 15, 2011
I think that "now" it has to do with where you live... you know the envirenment of the people surrounding you... and stuff like drugs and alcohol... and you know... friends going into gangs and you hate your life so you join too... there are many things...

Actually it's environment.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
An 84 month Jordan!?

WE HAVE A NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW RECORD!