ME4(5?)

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003

Mrw GIF

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Oh, they got me hooked with the classic N7 logo and look. Damn you, Bioware!

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
Even the tease of a new ME doesn't have enough appeal for me to have watched this video yet.

Big ME fan (except for the ending of 3 and thought Andromeda was too shit to play), but unless the team has gotten their head out of their ass I'm not interested.

I was a critic of DA Inquisition.
Anthem, what the heck was that lol
Mass Effect Andromeda, fuck off.

Why would this game be any better?

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
Ionno though, Mass Effect just scratched the itch for world-building I have, hope springs eternal I reckon

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Previous teaser trailer was betta.

Almost three years ago. This game is in development hell isn't it?

I was really hopeful for Anthem, it looked amazing in the original E3 showing, but it was a big snooze fest.

The last good Bioware game was Inquisition almost 10 years ago and a lot of people hated that game too. I really liked it, I thought the dragon fights were amazing and the sound choreography is just exquisite.

Unfortunately, I don't have a whole lot hope or expectations for Mass Effect 4. Pretty much all the old team is long gone and EA will surely make this game nickel and dime you somehow. Hopefully they are actually taking the time to make it GOOD.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
On the wiki page for Dragon Age: Dreadwolf:

The project has been marked by a high turnover of leading staff. Several veteran Dragon Age staff, including Laidlaw, left the company in response to Joplin's cancellation in 2017. After the 2018 restart, Mark Darrah remained as an executive producer, while Matthew Goldman took over the position of creative director for the project from 2017 to 2021. By December 3, 2020, Darrah had resigned from BioWare, replaced by BioWare Austin studio head Christian Dailey as executive producer. Goldman left BioWare by November 2021, and was replaced as Creative Director by John Epler. Dailey left BioWare in February 2022. Corinne Busche became game director thereafter, Benoit Houle director of product development, and Mac Walters production director. Walters in turn left BioWare in January 2023. In March 2023, Darrah returned as a consultant for the game and the Mass Effect team joined the production of Dreadwolf, according to EA. In August 2023, BioWare fired 50 people working on Dreadwolf and the next Mass Effect game; this included Mary Kirby who was one of the series' original writers and credited with "creating Varric and the Qunari". PC Gamer commented "that's not to say there are no veterans of the good old days left, but you're looking at a very different group of people than the one that made the studio's greatest hits". In October, seven of them sued BioWare for additional compensation, complaining that BioWare's NDAs prevented them from adding their work on Dreadwolf to their portfolio.

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
The RPG elements of ME1. The emphasis of more personal stories and bonding with your crew of ME2. The shooting combat of ME3 and Andromeda. Set up armor and customization like God of War. Each piece of armor has mod slots. Most slots are just basic stat boosts but the special mods actually give you some new gameplay mechanic. Being a biotic and certain mods gave you special biotic powers would be a neat change.

Also, as much as I despise Andromeda, the free-form classes really works. Also, movement and gameplay were fantastic (character combat did move a bit too fast, but whatever). Exploration was good, but it needs to be more honed in and focused like in the first ME.

Haven't even thought about the story. Not sure how I feel about some new big bad.

If we even see this game, I'm thinking around 2028.