League of Legends

Lulu

Kupo!
Nov 9, 2011
Now, before people get some huff-puff about this post, I am posting in here because I would love to play with some forum members!! I'll admit that I use to be a pretty toxic person before playing this game, but have since stopped and have been enjoying it for the fun concept instead. ALLOW ME to show you some details and easy tips for the game!
OBJECTIVE: The objective of Summoner's Rift is simple – destroy the enemy nexus. In order to do this, champions must traverse down one of three different paths (or lanes) in order to attack their enemy at their weakest points they can exploit. Both teams have their lanes defended by numerous turrets; each turret grows in strength the closer it gets to its respective nexus and each turret must be eliminated in order to gain access to the next turret in that lane. Cooperating with fellow summoners is an absolute requirement for success, as it is easy for a champion to find themselves ambushed by enemies in the lanes of the Rift.

LOOK AT THIS MAP FIRSTLY!
lol-map-summoners-rift.png

This is the actual mini-map in game that shows you your towers/turrets and what they can see. If you look closely, you can see the nexus (which is the big purple/blue blob near the corners of the map.)
The darker areas are what's called "the fog of war" this means, you can't see anything there unless you have a ward (A ward is an item that reveals the fog of war once placed. It is visible for a short time but becomes stealth and has a limited duration of 3 minutes.) or unless you have a team mate in the area.
Also notice that their are two sides on this map, at each start of a match you are randomly picked to be on either side!

SECOND-FIRSTLY:
There are different roles in LoL just like in any game.
The meta atm is:
  • Bruiser for a top lane (the upper most left side on map)
  • An ap(ability power) carry for mid lane (the center of map)
  • An AD(attack damage) carry and a support for bot lane (the bottom most right of map)
  • AND for the top lane to be solo you'll have a JUNGLER in the fog of war fighting monsters in there for EXP and Gold. (also for a well-executed gank of any lane that maybe having trouble against others)
-Okay, in case those things kinda confused you. A carry means someone who can literally put the team on his/her back and help them secure victory. Ability power is a magic user and is used for assassination of other champions for burst damage and an Attack Damage carry is one that can push lanes faster and destroy turrets faster. (i'll explain more about this later)

Now that that is understood, let's move on!!!
npg-minions.jpg

See those little guys in blue and purple?
Those are your minions! They are essential for your victory in the Fields of Justice! It is always a great idea to stay behind them so the enemy champion can not target you OR if he does your little bodyguards will rough him/her up for it!
Another great thing about those guys is that if you hit an enemy minions that is about to die you get GOLD for doing so! This is called "last hitting" it allows you to earn more gold than others so you can afford items faster in the shop!!

MOVING ON!

After you have obtained a good amount of gold, says ball-park and say 2000- you can recall yourself so you can go to the base and purchase items! There are 3 different tiers of items of which you can purchase. Some are basic and other build into other more powerful items! Based upon your champion there are certain items that are more important than others, but usually there are good decent websites that tell you which builds to presume in game. Even recommended items already made in the shop! The more practice the better at learning what works for you! ALSO, be open to criticism from your team mates if they think a item is better than another. Opinions are great to consider and help with teamwork!

Here comes the fun part!! PICKING A CHAMPION TO PLAY!
(I'm just going to post a random team that could work in the fields of justice and explain their roles better so you can pick which best suits you!)
The ADC (attack damage carry)
showposter.jpg

This carry's name is Ashe. She is a pretty basic AD carry, her moves are easy to learn and understand, I recommend her for first time ADC players!
An adc's goals are to be the backbone of the team. It is up to you to ensure "last hits" on minions and be alert at all times for a readied kill in your lane or if the enemy is coming at you. This role has most of the responsibilities of the team. I do not suggest ADC if you can not handle some pressure. Attack damage is what is used to take down turrets and kills anything faster. You are the main source of pushing lanes and furthering your team's victory! (there are plenty of other ADC's out there I'll link the champions after this short lesson)
lol-soraka-league-of-legends-3-0-s-307x512.jpg

No ADC is good alone. Every ADC needs a SUPPORT! Support players are there to ensure that their ADC is getting fed with last hitting and kills. You are the a very important part of the team! You buy supportive items to help the team and place wards for your team to see any incoming threats or set up a easy target. I recommend supports to people who prefer to not have as much pressure and want to just help others. This is the perfect role for you! The support I have chosen to picture is name Soraka, she is a very easy first-timer support character. Her moves are easy to understand and learn! Also before I forget, there are healing supports and non-healing supports, which is called either a sustain lane (with healer) or a kill lane (with non healer.) What you choose is up to you!

Updated-Annie-Classic-Splash.jpg

Do not let this cute little girl deceive you, she is a very powerful AP carry! Which for a recommended mage I have chosen Annie. A mage with huge burst. Someone who is a staple in the team for victory! If you prefer to use skill shots (A skill shot is a type of champion ability that casts a projectile that originates from a point of cast, typically the casting champion, as opposed to directly targeting a unit. Circular area of effect abilities are not considered skill shots.) and love to come in and more winning changing plays then an AP carry is for you!!

garen.png

Don't want to deal with others and out-smart the enemy in your lane? Top lane is a very important part of the team, they are beefy and tanky and help protect the AP and AD carry! Usually ending up with the most kills and most flexible in lane. If you feel like you don't need anyone in your lane and want to be a pain in the ass to other enemies than this is the lane for you! I have chosen Garen as an recommended champion for this position because his moves are easy to understand and learn.

lens17611085_1304421534warwick.jpg

Last, but not least we have the one team mate who is willing to trick the enemy team and slow up to help kill enemies in other lanes (AKA ganking) The JUNGLER! Junglers are completely a big part of the team. They need surprise and can help any lane at the right time! They mainly fight creatures in the jungle to earn gold and exp. If you prefer to gank and assassinate other lanes than this is the position for you! I have chosen Warwick as a recommended jungling because he has excellent self-sustain skills that allows him to jungle easier and skills that are easy to understand!

Now that I have explained that the only other things you need to know are:
League of Legends Sign Up The website to sign up and try it out (its FREE TO PLAY)
Champions - Look and find out anything you may need or are confused about.
Build Guides - this is a great website with build guides for champions!

My summoner name is LuluVicious and I can't wait to join you on the Fields of Justice!

****Side note. The champions that are free rotate every week in case you do not like the current champions available. Other champions can be unlocked with either IP (influence points which is earned from playing matches) or RP (riot points that you can purchase in the store)

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I read this thread and I will play if other people will, but I am not a big fan of MMO's even though I played FFXI for like 10 years and playing(-ish) FFXIV at the moment.

Either way, I wonder if I will get banned from this one for no reason, just like RAG.

Lulu

Kupo!
Nov 9, 2011
well all I know is that we could make a team called zelda xtreme and all that. JUST SAYIN. and they dont ban unless you do negative behavior

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
What negative behavior? I seem to remember tons of banned threads showin up on that top threads on gamefaqs for that game.

Lulu

Kupo!
Nov 9, 2011
because there are a lot of toxic people, but that is easily removed with turning off all chat so enemy team cant say anything. Some fellow team mates are toxic too though, but its always best just to mute and report for harassment at the end of game.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
i don't have enough time to commit to playing this with you guys, though i'd love to.