In-game music

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
This is the thread to discuss video game music. What's your favorite game music? What piece of music can you remember that works the most effectively in a moment in the game? And what's the worst piece?

As for me, I find that Ace Combat 4 and 5 have my favorite overall soundtracks, and two of my favorite pieces of music, the music that plays in the final mission of each. I dunno about AC6, I'll have to see, but I hope it lives up to 4 and 5. They're also the most effective pieces of music I've ever seen in a game with big booming orchestras and shit.

I also like music from Halo, Final Fantasy, Shadow of the Colossus, Ikaruga, and MGS.

And, of course, I'm gonna have to say the worst music is shitty licensed rap/hip-hop in games like need for speed or whatever.

Have your say!

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Thank you for your stimulating contribution

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
i was kind of hoping for a little more than one word answers but at least we're on topic

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Mega man music is the best.

[travismockingchrisjolleyvoice]IT REMINDS ME OF MY CHILDHOOD.[/travismockingchrisjolleyvoice]

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
I should probably play some mega man games.

What mega man games should I play?

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
cool

i played mega man zero (the first one i think) on the GBA and it was just too hard for me!

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Those games are fuck hard.

Jesus christ what were they thinking?

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
from now on if i get frustrated at a games difficulty i refuse to take ANY shit from that damn piece of software! The only exceptions are games like GW and ikaruga! Everything else can lick my balls

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Oh fuck we're off topic I'm gonna try steer this sumbitch back

What was the best music to play with geometry wars? In general I found that satch helped me kick the asses of all kinds of different colored shapes that were trying to kill me.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
damn shit ive played like every mega man game in existence.

i had a mega man cake for like my 7th birthday.

AWESOME.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Geo Wars = SUCK it.

also joe, did you hear ikaruga is coming to xbox arcade!?

i think!

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
yeah i heard, i cant fuckin wait for that shit, imma get my ass kicked all OVER again!

rez too!

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
MAN, its freaky to htink that i could plug up my pos super nintendo, pop in mega man x 2, and beat the whole game in like an hour and i remember all the secrets and shit.

woah!

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
man i really wish i still had a snes, stupid kid me got rid of that for the n64 :( :( :( :( :(

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I decided i didnt want an n64 until bronson got one and i saw mario 64.

i immediately got one.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
n64 was fuckin' epic, but i was one of the only kids i knew that liked it/had one

oh i was a lonely child