I'm going to die, again.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
So today was a pretty shitty day. I go to work at my usual shithole of a job today, and everything is okay until I get there.

Then I start feeling fucking dizzy, and it won't go away.

Anyways, let's backpedal the past few weeks, as it all leads up to my inevitable conclusion. Wednesday the 10th, I'm asked to go take a buggy, up to purchasing to pick up supplies, which is pretty much on the opposite side of the resort where I am, so it's about a good mile or so.

Picking up supplies is not part of my job, but I'm the one that has to do it anyways because I work in a place controlled by women. Well, of course this is a huge pile of supplies. I finally get to the last load, but of course, the heaviest stuff is what's left. Anyways, in my 5' x 4' plastic tub, I have over 24 gallons of water, over 12 gallons of massage lotions, a box of apples, and a bunch of other crap I can't even remember. So all and all I have about 80-85 pounds in this thing, which isn't really that heavy.

Well it isn't until you have to push it 1000 feet up a steep incline, which all and all wasn't too bad. But unfortunately for me, this resort has the kind of carpets that sink and push against the force I exerted on this buggy. It's like trying to push an 80 pound shopping cart through mud.

I get about 3/4 of the way back to my area, when my body just freaks out. Sweat starts pouring out of my face, my lungs start to hyperventilate, and my stomach would have probably upchucked if I would have eaten anything. Confused, and disoriented, I texted my manager to come get me because I can't get it down there like this. Of course it takes two of them to push the thing across a regular floor, since I had ironically made it to the end of the carpet. Manager says go take a few minute break then go back to work.

A week later on the 17th, my wisdom tooth starts to kill me. None of the other teeth hurt, so I figure it's just growing in more. Nope, to my surprise, this thing has grown in, but now has a black hole in the middle of it. Of course, it's angled in such a way behind my molar I wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't looked for it especially.

Fast forward to the 20th. I come in to work again, and my tooth is still hurting. Of course, like always they cut any help I have so I have to make it on my own with a 1000 guys but whatever. I go to lunch around 5pm, which is subway. When I finish the last part, I feel this intense pain in the area between my stomach and my heart. I get up and walk around to try to get this pain to go away. It doesn't and it feels like I'm going to choke soon, and eventually my stomach sends the sub back up through my mouth and into the trashcan, not even digested or disolved. Still together as it went in, in the first place.

That brings us to yesterday. I'm walking along just fine and all of the sudden it feels like someone just whallops me in the head. My vision goes blurry and the room spins. Of course no one did punch me, so I don't know what that was for and it goes away after a minute or two.

Of course, I said today I was dizzy. Just like yesterday's little episode except it wasn't going away. I had eaten just a candy bar at 8:30am, and this was 11am. I decide to try sitting down, but that made it feel worse, so I decide that if I don't do something I'm going to pass out right here on the floor where no one will find me. I decide to lie down on one of the massage tables to try to keep myself from passing out. Wouldn't you know it, the manager on duty today walks in not 30 seconds after I lay down, and asks me if I'm sleeping on the job which I reply "No" too.

Obviously since my mind is in a tumble it doesn't occur to me at this moment to tell her my plight. So she doesn't seem upset and walks away, after giving me a sheet of paper with unimportant information on it. I don't think much of it as I really can't focus on anything at this point. Anyways she goes off to lunch a little later, and thats when I decide I needed to tell her my situation. Well, I have to wait for her to come back so I'm busy trying to do some parts of my job, when she tells one of the other workers to tell me to come out to see her. This can't be good.

I go out to the office and she says she talked to my head boss about what she saw earlier. So I told her why I was doing it, that I wasn't sleeping, that I probably would have been sleeping in my own blood after I passed out and hit my head on something if I hadn't lied down, and that this problem has been happening for a while. She asked why I didn't tell her before hand, and I said mainly because whenever I tell anyone around here I'm sick, they don't care and just want me to go back to work, so I didn't see much point.

Well anyways, this manager is like best friends with my step sister, so she calls her to come pick me up as there is no way I can drive all the way home like this.

In case you forgot, I said this manager talked to my head boss about it. My head boss is not happy. She had decided to send me home before hand. Obviously because my boss wants to fire me. So here I am, my manager called me a little while ago and said that my boss demanded I get a doctor's excuse and she will see what she wants to do. At least I'm off tomorrow.

Anyways, I tested my blood pressure twice, and the systolic was 162 and the diastolic was 104.

In case you don't know what that means, I'll let this chart show you:

chart.gif

Yeah, I have higher blood pressure than my parents (which is ironic since it's inherited from them), and according to wikipedia and this chart, I need immediate medical attention.

Long post is long.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
I have lower than normal blood pressure :O

Don't die fag

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
My doctor is about fucking useless, she wants me to record my blood pressure to see if it stays up and then go see the real doctor next week.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Oh my god I drunk about 3 times more than I ever have before last night and today I feel like dying

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
I had similar experiences in the past. Initially what set it off was a very stressful situation, so I had thought it was just a panic attack. What really stood out to me was the dizzyness, tachycardia, and slurred speech.

Turns out it was actually just a lack of sodium in my diet in combination with a certain medication I was taking. If you are taking anything, I suggest maybe either researching it yourself or asking a doctor if you haven't already.

I don't care how much they're paying me, I wouldn't be able to tolerate that kind of insensitivity during a legitimate medical crisis.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
I don't take anything, except an occasional tylenol.

lol, this got even better yesterday. My blood pressure had tested normal when I was at home the last two days, and then yesterday at work it shot back up to 152/90. Of course, yesterday my head boss wants to have a chat with me.

Anyways, she wrote me up for saying I "handled the situation poorly" and that all of it was my fault, and that my mom had no business coming there and voicing her concerns about the whole deal, so I got in trouble for that too.

The woman is such a bitch.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Should, but I'll be done with school in december, I can't see it worth the hassle to go to a new department and training all over again for probably the same shit I experience here

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
My job is boring as shit but they do treat me pretty good for a peon