I challenge thee to an honor du-ehl.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
So Andrew is probably the worlds biggest call of duty fan, and I'm probably the worlds greatest loather of that franchise. Andrew also despises action games like Bayonetta, which I absolutely love. So in the interest of lulz, we decided to challenge each other to an honor du-ehl.

I'm going to get modern warfare 2 and be forced to beat the veteran mode in my first playthrough within an allotted amount of time. If I succeed, Andrew in turn has to purchase Bayonetta and beat it on the hardest difficulty.

Should I fail, Andrew is exonerated from having to play the game and I am forced to help him beat every "Extra Mission" in Modern Warfare 2 on Veteran.

I can't wait for Andrew to play Bayonetta and cuss profusely.

Last edited:

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
your allotted time is the day of november 10th

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
I think he's going to give me 4 days. I dunno he's still debating. It's gonna be easy-peasy.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I couldn't ever beat that airplane level in cod4 on veteran

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Mile Hile Club is hard as shit on veteran. Only because of the shitty time limit. Other than that, COD 4 is easy. Now World at War? You wanna talk about some cheap shit? Play Heart of the Reich on veteran. Imfuckingpossible. I just stopped playing it on veteran because I know I'm never going to beat it. The tactic for the computer is bullshit. If you stand in cover, which is what you do when you're taking fire, you're bombarded with hundreds and hundreds of grenades, and as soon as you run out into the open, your ass is dead. Modern Warfare is a lot more decent when it comes to that shit, so it should be a pretty easy achievement.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
Lol. I beat CoD2 on Veteran, but remember quitting on CoD4. I got pretty far though. I remember trying the Mile High Club a few times and it was fucking awful.

As for the contest, here's the official rules we agreed on.

MY CHALLENGE:

- I have to play on veteran the first time through.
- I'm not allowed to look up anything on YouTube, gamefaqs, etc.
- I have from 12:30 PM Thursday November 12th to Sunday 12 PM to beat the game on Veteran. However, I have a chance for that to be extended until midnight Sunday or a few hours into Monday at Andrew's discretion.

IF I SUCCEED:

- Andrew has to buy Bayonetta when it comes out January 5th.
- He then has up until Mass Effect 2's (January 26th) release to beat it on the hardest difficulty.
- The only stipulation revolves around the game's difficulty. If I can't beat it on a certain difficulty, he only has to match me.
- If he can't complete it on time, he'll have to frame a large Bayonetta poster on his wall and forever live with the shame of failure.

IF I FAIL:
- I have to help andrew beat all of these faggoty Special Ops missions on MW2.
- Something else.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
COD2 was bullshit too, but nothing compares to World at War's cheap shit. COD 4 was fun on veteran. Not too hard, but it had its moments where you just wanted to chuck the game out the window. You should be able to handle it, assuming they didn't throw any cheap enemy bullshit in this game.

I predict a victory for Logan, and a nice Bayonetta poster on Andrew's wall.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Well I convinced andrew to let me play through the campaign before thursday. I'm playing on hardened and it's pretty lame. Only stipulation is that I have till Sunday Noon exactly now, no bonus time. I'll post some updates in here once I start on Thursday.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
It's getting close to go time. OHHHH YEEEEEEEEEEEAH.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
well i beat the first level. didnt die. pretty much raped face.

not gonna be this easy though.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
That's it.

ITS GO TIME.

MENDELBAUM MENDELBAUM MENDELBAUM!

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
You see this? My son got me this. "WORLDS GREATEST DAD" Thats better than number 1.

In MW2 news, I'm 4 levels in. I just got past one I was dreading with relative ease. Morale is high.