halo 2 sucks

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
I was just curious how many people still had xbl + halo 2. Exciting stuff is happening very soon with halo so I thought I'd offer a suggestion.

Weekly forum game night. I have no idea how active or how much "community" is left in xef, but there are a good number of xbox live/ other online games that might just be interesting enough to consider.

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
I used to take pics of my good games, but I quit. I think I deleted them all.

I usually play a little every night. I've shyed away from matchmaking, for the most part. I've been trying to get into some MLG custom games. I think they're more balanced and fun.

And of course, there's always the occasional Halo 1 game on XLink or XBC.

Halo 1 > Halo 2.

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
I would like MLG better if it didn't ruin objective games. Slayer bores me. It just gets so repetitive after a few hundred games. It doesn't help that bungie made the BR/bitchcombo even more effective. Its more accurate and a couple of the duelies weapons were stripped down including the magnum.

I play my marines games usually when I control a custom room. No shields, dmg resistance, human weapons/human vehicles, no radar, and magnum start. Its a nicely themed custom that I find a lot of fun. I made marine variants for slayer and objective games. Its all about who catches sight of who first and is able to get a headshot. The damage resistance makes it like having shields except they don't recharge and headshots are fatal. Lots of fun, similar to CS I hear.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
halo 2 would benefit so much from new maps. too bad these 4 are gonna suck so much ass.

and speaking of games, i took pictures a lot when we fooled around on our second accounts. here's one that just popped up.

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
What makes you think they'll suck ass? Sure its bungie but you have to be optimistic every once in awhile. Besides, they looked awesome to me.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
containment - too big
sanctuary - too jumbled, and ghosts WTF
turf - too much shit blocking your way
warlock - ok

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
For containment, they ment for it to be a big level. Its like the size of Coag but not nearly as open. It has tons of vehicles to chose from just like the other btb maps which makes traveling across the map easier. And if you do happen to be short on vehicles then they made ways for you to travel across the map without being sniper fodder. This kind of map just depends on whether you like vehicles and sniping or not.

I got the intention that sancuary was going to be a map similar to zanzibar in the way that it would be a 1 flag based map. I may be wrong. If you say jumbled to you mean the cover for you to hide behind everywhere? I don't see how that could be a bad thing. Not liking ghosts is a personal problem.

I've seen no shit blocking the way in turf. Its just a bunch of objective (territory) points in a web of alleyways. It has a ton of places to hid behind and assasinate people it looked like.

Warlock is a classic. I'd have to slap you if you didn't like it.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
yeah well ive downloaded them and played them. here's the facts. (some would call them my opinions, but since im always right, facts will suffice.)

1. Containment - Definitely the largest and shittiest of the bunch. Not a surprise. Bronson was joking about how one of the bases was probably bigger than midship. Shitdamn, he was right! I hate to say this, considering I hate vehicle noobs, but if bungie doesn't put more vehicles in there for BTB, it's gonna blow even harder. It's so damn huge, it'd take the whole match to traverse it. So the only way you'll actually see someone to shoot at is to have a 16 player match with BR spawns. Doesn't matter since the game will be so laggy you'll tear your eyes out and slit your wrist for downloading this shitty map.

2. Warlock - Nice and simple. I personally can't wait to play MLG TS (2 on 2s baby!) on it. There are 4 br's on every platform so that should keep the dual-wielding noobs away. Ball matches would also be pretty cool on it.

3. Sanctuary - I like the way it's set up. MLG CTF-Midship would be fun on it. It's not that huge, but not too small. There is, however, an ungodly amount of rocks in the way that totally omits vehicles. I'd actually welcome it just to see a full warthog of noobs smash into a rock while I proceed to get a triple kill with a sniper rifle. It'll be pretty cool, but matchmaking with smg's will be meh.

4. Turf - My SWEET god. Camper's Paradise. This is gonna be gay. It reminds me of cs-italy on CS. There are so many alley ways and boxes for people to hide behind. I can totally see my self running along just to get assasinated/plasma rifle-smg'd while i'm trying to have fun. This map=crap.

I suppose turf would be ok under the right conditions, but containment is total suckage. Sanctuary and Warlock will be nice for mlg, but it won't matter because the matchmaking options bungie provides will undoubtedly suck balls!

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
Containment sucks.
Warlock is the best map in the game.
Sanctuary is pretty good.
Turf is probably the worst thing since Chiron.

I'd say the maps rank out like this, IMO

1. Warlock
2. Lockout
3. Midship
4. Colossus
5. Sanctuary
6. Ivory Tower
7. Beaver Creek
8. Zanzibar
9. Foundation
10. Headlong
11. Waterworks
12. Burial Mounds
13. Coagulation
14. Containment
15. Ascension
16. Turf

Those rankings are overall. If we were talking matchmaking only, Midship and Colossus would drop WAY down. MLG games on them put them so high.

Last edited:

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
Why'd you and Damien ditch us, Aaron? We were just gnna run through the map.

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
Play Crazy King on Turf. When the hill moves into the warehouse, drive the Hog straight through the doors and splatter the other team's king. That's about the only use for that thing.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
lmao, when I heard you charging the warehouse, I knew that was what you were doing.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
holy shit blue santa!

Well Halo 2 is ruined. At least the matchmaking part of it is. This update has sealed the game's fate as a shitty noobfest.

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
Hmm shitty noobfest. Any reasoning for that? I think the update did some good. They added a ton of your beloved BR spawn games, and all the standby-ers are back down to everyone else's level. The leveling up is really flipping fast for some reason. I got up to level 11 in 2v2 within 12 games.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
smg and radar smg and radar smg and radar smg and radar smg and radar smg and radar smg and radar smg and radar smg and radar smg and radar smg and radar smg and radar smg and radar smg and radar smg and radar smg and radar smg and radar smg and radar smg and radar smg and radar