Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
So I've been hearing good things about Ghost Trick (and the fact that it's directed by Shu Takumi of Ace Attorney fame helped!) and decided to try it out myself.

I was really pleased with it. Basically, you play as the character Sissel, a ghost, trying to find out his true identity. He has one night to figure out who he is, or his soul will cease to exist. Sissel quickly finds out that he's been given special powers to manipulate objects; he can also rewind time 4 minutes before someone's death and save their life.

And that's basically what you do the entire game. You play through a story line to manipulate objects to save other people or to make a certain event happen. It might sound boring, but I enjoyed it myself. That being said, the puzzles are a little linear and doesn't give you much freedom to play around/try different ideas.

Just like the Ace Attorney games, the cast is a quirky bunch that lightens the mood. And just like the Ace Attorney games, everyone is connected somehow.

Overall, I thought it was a great game. I hadn't picked up my DS in a long time and this definitely kept me interested. It took me about a week to complete; it's composed of 18 chapters, each that take maybe 30 minutes to complete. I'd say it's an 8 - 10 hour game. Maybe that's an overestimation.

ANYWHOOZLE

I give it
ioizrm.png
ioizrm.png
ioizrm.png
ioizrm.png
ioizrm.png

out of
ioizrm.png
ioizrm.png
ioizrm.png
ioizrm.png
ioizrm.png

Last edited:

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Yeah, I've only played a few hours, but its the best DS game i've played in a while.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
The ending is kinda "wat" but I enjoyed it!

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
I used to have a Pomeranian that looked just like that Missile dog.