Gates and Seinfeld

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
So you might have seen these Microsoft commercials with Bill Gates and Jerry Seinfeld

YouTube - Bill Gates, Jerry Seinfeld - Microsoft Ad

and

YouTube - New Microsoft Ad New Family w/ Bill Gates and Jerry Seinfeld (Extended Version)

I like 'em! I am majoring in advertising so you have to take my word for it that they are good. They're funny, they're not beating us over the head with their message, but there's a lot of subtle jabs at Apple in there. (Steve Jobs is the old lady in the 2nd one).

This is also the point that I would like to say Apple has the worst advertising in the history of mankind. If I see one more goddamn 'I'm a mac and I'm a PC' ad, I will track down that filthy hipster faggot and strangle him with his own intestines.

Look, Macs are fine. PCs are good too! There is nothing wrong with Windows Vista. I wouldn't mind having a mac if not for the fact that you're paying hundreds more for the brand name and a different GUI. And gaming on macs sucks. And I hate hate HATE mac fanboys. Not enough can be said about how they need to die in a fire.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Also, Mac fanboys like to hate on Bill Gates, even though he's the greatest philanthropist the world has ever seen and a hell of a lot more likeable than Steve Jobs who's just a big ol' douchebag.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
tl;dr version: arrogance and ignorance go hand-in-hand

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
i only saw like a split second version of the second one and i had no idea what was going on. pretty awesome. their approach on advertising is definitely more entertaining.

the mac commercials remind me of the non-stop alltel commercials.