Game: Guitar Hero World Tour

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Bayli rented it from work so I could try it. It's TERRIBLE.

Neversoft has officially ruined the franchise. Half of these songs I can already play in RB2. It's disgusting. Back when it was a guitar based game vs a band based game it was cool. They were two different products. Now that's changed. Seriously guys, the setlist has some very questionable choices, but my musical preferences aside, there is no reason to buy this game. It is a POOR MANS ROCK BAND. It is unmitigated garbage.

0/10

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Doesn't this one finally have a Satch song in it?

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
yeah, but you could download surfing with the alien for ghIII. so fail.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
i mean they're just shitting these games out like third party developers for nintendo.

"yeah we know our game is terrible but we're gonna make a hojillion dollars so what do we care?"

which works, but cant change the fact that the product is ass.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
God I love Surfing with the Alien

Man game companies are like any other company, they just want to make mad funbucks.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
oh and i know bronson is probably the only one thatll care, but the timing window is just as gigantic.

which actually is problematic on drums since it can get you out of rhythm.

the beginning of hot for teacher is just roflcopter. its so much shit. i had a 200 note streak cause i just smacked the drums and the game is so lazy. its like lol sure you hit that.

i was all
loldrums-1.gif

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
God I want to see somebody playing Wii Music

FAIL

That guy looks stoned out of his fucking mind, I guess you'd have to be to get on stage and do that in front of a thousand people

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
I bought one of those Fender bass controllers today!

I give it 8/10

-2 cus it's hard as FUCK to get used to!

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
Well Brian loves it, which makes me hate it.

He was all "man it's so cool playing as Hendrix and Ozzy and Sting and Travis Barker and Nugent and all kins of people are actually in the game!"

Who the fuck cares? The point is the game fretboard, score meter, rock meter, star power meter, anything you actually need to pay attention to, look HORRIBLE.

I don't know about the setlist. I'd have to play through it to really know whether it's any good, but the fact is Brian didn't like RB2 because he couldn't play over Medium and you can't unlock all the songs unless you play on Hard at the very least, OR unlock them on an easier instrument.

Hey Lawrence Timmons just got a sack on Monday Night Football. He's from SC and I know one of his cousins.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
oh that was another good point.

you get no feedback when you miss a note, the sounds arent audible. and the multiplier is skewed parallel to the fretboard and its distracting/hard to see. its really sloppy.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
i still want it just for Hotel California. One of my favorite songs ever.

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
man

i would just buy the game, just the game for 49.99 for the wii. it got good songs on there! well not really but it has some good groups. like oasis and hendrix. i wouldn't buy all that band shit.

i mean i can just play the guitar for it right?