Game: Far Cry 2

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Picked this mutha up today, here's some first impressions!

It's tough! The AI is shockingly good at times, if you rush in guns blazing you'll get your ass handed to you on a silver platter, even on normal difficulty. You gotta use cover, got to move around, got to pick them off one by one. Don't stay put, they're hella aggressive and they'll flank you. I was shooting at some guy, and I didn't see there was another guy to my right, but instead of shooting at me, maybe failing to kill me and just alerting my attention, he got in a jeep and fucking smashed my ass with it. It was pretty funny at the time.

Graphics are totally roidin', world is fucking huge, guns feel good. Dirty and rusty weapons can and do jam in a firefight which is a huge OH FUCK OH SHIT moment. If you get hurt badly, you have to heal yourself, which usually involves a gross animation of yourself digging out a bullet/pulling out shrapnel or whatever else.

I like it!

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Oh and multiplayer is fun though I've only done a couple rounds of deathmatch/team deathmatch.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
I'd really like to emphasize how impressed I was at the jeep running me over

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
those hands look like they are made out of putty

otherwise gross lol

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
I like the one where he pulls the nail out of inbetween his fingers

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Oh lord, the flamethrower

Oh lord so much fun

This game is a pyromaniac's wet dream. Shit burns! Seriously this game is so much fun. Why ain't you fuckers buyin' it?

Last edited:

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
I'll definitely rent it down the road, but I'm trying to hustle and get as much as I can out of Fable 2 before FallOut 3 on Tuesday...and Gears right after that.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Fallout 3 is going to be king. Left 4 Dead is gonna be a shitload of fun. Gears is gonna be classic. and mirrors edge.

!!!!!!

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Thank God I have Fall Break next week...and Thanksgiving right after that. And who can forget a month off for Christmas. I'm gonna need all the time I can get with all these games.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Man. So there's a buddy system in the game where you can pair up with some NPCs, do missions with them, if you bleed out they can save your ass, etc. They're really smart, well-voiced, well-animated, etc. Your buddy can get shot too, at which point you have the option of healing him or putting him out of his misery, with a bullet. It probably says something about how good the animation is that when I tried saving my best buddy Paul, but he was too heavily wounded, that was probably the most moving moment in a game since Shadow of the Colossus.

I got pissed and fucking rambo-flamethrowered the motherfuckers that shot him. I reloaded my save, cause I can't let Paul die, but that was a pretty amazing moment. I can't remember the last time I gave a shit about an NPC, at least since SotC like I said.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Man I should prolly finish this bitch up sometime. It's fun but it really gets repetative.