Game: Fable II

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
So yeah, it's unbelievably short. Well I shouldn't say that, but it's not long. The game plays exceptionally well, it just feels a little light on world exploration and the like. However, keeping up with all the hype and all the buildup, I don't think I can penalize it for that. Molyneux stated from the beginning that he was wanting you to feel emotion. While I'm not sitting here in a ball crying like you final fantasy fags do when poor Aerith gets stabbed, the choices you make at the end really make you think. You do feel a geniune connection to things like your dog or your children. Now, I'm not saying you're gonna start rubbing your dick on the tv screen, but it certainly tries to tug at your heart strings.

So in summary, my only quip is that it was rather short. The story does a good job of being rather involved and interactive though, so that counteracts the length somewhat.

9.5/10

Last edited:

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
I fucking cheered when Aeris died

How short are we talking? Are we talking Fable 1 short?

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
i've been playin for like 3 days straight and im like an hour away from the ending!

the main quest goes by pretty quick. but there are a lot of side quests to do. i just wanna finish the main quest so the hooded bitch will quit telling me to go to the damn guild!

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
I never played fable 1, but this couldnt have taken me more than 12 hours. I will say that the main quest missions are fun, and don't involve the usual freeform rpg fetch quests that take hours upon hours.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
in response to bayli: that dont mean nothin cuz u said u spent most of the time getting humped just like in real life.

I GUESS ill pick this up tomorrow

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
in response to TRAVIS: bitch i was scrompin so i could get a DAUGHTER

JEEZ

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Co-Op is hilarious. I remember last night I was working as a blacksmith to get some money and Andrew comes into my area and does the exact same job. A GIGANTIC PICTURE OF RAMBO(Andrew's avatar for Xbox Live) FUCKING TAKES OVER THE SCREEN. Seriously, it took up most of my screen...while I'm trying to fucking do my job...Five minutes later I'm doing the same thing and..HOLY SHIT GEDDY LEE. This went on for about ten minutes before I just said fuck it and went to make babies with my wife.

Side quests are pretty easy. The main thing that keeps you into the game aside from the main plot is the achievements in the game. So far I'm loving it, but it doesn't look like I have very far to go.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Anyone that has this game....have you completed the side quest where you fight Captain Dread? After you defeat him you take his ship to his private island and you have to find the 10 things of treasure...Yeah, I've found nine but I can't find the last one to save my life. I dunno if it's in some secret spot or what, but I'm about to just quit and move on in the game.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
lolz I moved on...buuutt I want to go back.

1)On top of the ship.
2) Inside the broken hull of the ship.
3) Digging on the beach.
4) On a ledge before you jump in that big pool of water.
5) Diving for one.
6) Behind the tree.
7) Behind the big waterfall
8) Behind the wooden barrier.
9) Off the ledge right after you go through that small tunnel where I said number eight was.

:(

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
there's one out in the ocean. like, i believe you swim to the left, and there's a little peninsula with the chest on it. :D

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
13ygthk.png