DmC

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
[video=youtube;EOS1iZS8Yfk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOS1iZS8Yfk[/video]

The combat looks slick as all hell. Then again, Ninja Theory has made two stinkers in the gameplay department, so we'll see.

I still can't get past the stupid look though. Half of the allure of the DMC games was the ridiculous presentation and cutscenes, and that's gone now with this stupid new Dante.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Maybe he'll morph more and more into the Dante we know and love as the story progresses.

Either way, it's a Devil May Cry game so they have my purchase.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
stop_stop.jpg

Whoa whoa whoa let's not go saying the p-word about anything associated with Capcom yet.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
DmC-Dante-Devil-may-Cry-feature.jpg

Sorry Brozo. You may be pissed at Capcom over MML3, but I'm a huge DMC fan so I WILL be buying this.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
DMC is the poor man's Bayonetta now. The only thing it had would be Dante, but now...

:ewps:

Besides, this is an extremely tiny genre that just happens to be my hands-down favorite. Personally, I'm more excited for Ninja Gaiden III than DmC.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
This game isn't even going to run at 60 fps, thus bringing me one step closer to my real fear:

Ninja Theory = Presentation over Gameplay.

That lends itself well to some games, but for the love of SHIT not DMC. DMC is gameplay first.

This is going to be a God of War-esque PRESS X TO WIN! game as opposed to a "here's a bunch of flashy moves, weapons, and upgrades. proceed as you see fit" game.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
Frame rate drops aside, a lot of fast-paced games aim for it. Fix ya knowledge!

lol.jpg

Chris

Sweet Little Lies
Jan 15, 2011
Frame rate drops aside, a lot of fast-paced games aim for it. Fix ya knowledge!

Aim, but barely get close.

Fix MY knowledge? Name 10 console games that consistently run at 60 fps.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
All call of duty titles, that's about 10 there.
Bayonetta
All capcom fighting games

Deal with it nerd.

Don't get your PC panties in a bunch cause 4chan told you that consoles were inferior. I'm not trying to drawing a parallel to some large performance heavy game like Skyrim, I'm just saying these games are fast paced and should perform at or around 60. The fact that they billed it in interest of pretty backgrounds is worrisome.

"AND YOU FATBOY...KEEP YA MOUTH SHUT!"

:shoes:

Drow Oblivion

Deku Scrub
Jul 3, 2011
DMC is the poor man's Bayonetta now. The only thing it had would be Dante, but now...

:ewps:

Besides, this is an extremely tiny genre that just happens to be my hands-down favorite. Personally, I'm more excited for Ninja Gaiden III than DmC.

I have played Bayonetta and I loved it. I thought it was fun and a change of pace from other games that are on the market. Watching that trailer I am reminded of Bayonetta way to much. DMC always had its own uniquness to it and I feel that it may have lost some of that here.

TalesOfPants

Project DIVA
Mar 23, 2011
Considering the guy that was in charge of DMC is at Platinum Games and created Bayonetta, I think it's safe to say that DMC is dead, and Bayonetta rapes the shit out of anything else in the genre.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THEM TO ANNOUNCE BAYONETTA 2 FOREVER. SHIT GUYS GET IT GOIN!

Maybe TGS.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
lol @ havin hope for capcom to do anything good

Greg412

Deku Scrub
May 18, 2011
Lolz @rman, however it is indeed true. Thnx to twilight everything will soon be Emo.

redxdeath

That Ninja Guy
May 18, 2011
@Jay that image that you posted looks amazing :O
anyways yeah I would also buy the game as a fan. I really don't mind the changes but I do mind that it's a reboot, just hope that it's a good reboot though.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
[video=youtube;0E2313MMVsE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E2313MMVsE[/video]

I'm pleasantly surprised. Looks very much like a classic DMC game.

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
i was a big fan of the first devil may cry. i then passed on the second when i heard it was terrible. ive been out of the loop since and thought about getting back into it...but after watching this trailer i think ill pass.