damn you ffxi

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
so today i decide to reinstall ffxi and sign up for more addiction. everything gets installed, and it gets down to the last couple of files of the ffxi update and then it crashes for some unknown reason. i reboot and run pol again and it says update failed, reinstall ffxi. so uninstall ffxi, and not paying attention, allow it to delete shared files with the OS... so then my computer crashes instantly. i then realize that the last time i had my computer rebooted was when i had someone do it for me with their own discs. so what i've been using is windows xp professional, my discs are media center. i goto repair the os with my discs and of course, it doesn't work. the only option was to overwrite my old os, deleting all of my documents, or create a secondary os. i took the second option, but now it wont let me access my files from the old os. other than buying windows professional, i'm screwed right?

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
chances are i'd have to burn it to discs.. i just need to find someone around here with the discs. easiest solution.

D

Don Francisco

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10;mid=114029832624651058;num=2;page=1

If this isn't you, then it seems to be a fairly common problem.

I also think that the thing about "skipping x file" is also a problem. The guy in the post said that he exited out of the install during that long process. The process happened when I re-installed FFXI a couple weeks ago but I thought it was just my computer and let it continue. It ended up costing me an extra half hour (possibly more, I was playing the 360 during the install) than the estimated ending time but after it was done the install finished smoothly.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
FFXI updates have been fukin up POL lately, who the fuk knows why. New FFXI Update is on Monday so you might want to wait until then, if you can even get your PC fixed before then.

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
well, its running ok, just on a different os. like, i've got two copies of windows xp on my computer. one thats broken has all of my shit on it that it wont let me open.

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
now they warn me.

Attachments

• the problem.bmp
    629.9 KB · Views: 416