MASS EFFECT 3

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
I went ahead and read the endings and Bleh, they just look terrible...Alot of them dont make sense with their requirements
however
There is a bonus ending if you beat it on New Game Plus +

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
I love you for using the spoiler tag, OoBs.

I try not to read the spoilers but I have to read the thread. I HAAVE TO !

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Chris' limited knowledge being 33 hours playing the ME3 demo online.

:therock2:

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
My experiences with the ending

Will put spoiler tags for Casey
Lets see, where to begin. The whole end game missions were insane and really fun to do. My mom watched the whole end game with me and she seemed to understand it all. So many enemies to fight which made it intense. Going in, I had a rating of 3430 which puzzles me because I did everything paragon like except the Renegade action of killing Lang. (though from what I read online, you have to play online in order to get that 5000 rating which is lame IMO) Walking down to the beam was cool though after getting back onto the Citadel, walking seemed like a chore cause of how slow you were. The confrontation between Shepard and the Illusive Man was cool, I had the full Paragon which allowed me to use those special speech choices and he shot himself.
The whole Kid as the Catalyst thing was alittle lame cause I predicted it and the 3 choices was alittle overbearing. I went with the Destroy all Reapers choice and saw that ending. Seeing Joker, Liara, and Garrus walk out of the Normandy at the end was cool to witness.

Overall, I dont think its as bad as people proclaimed. Not what I expected but not terrible. I do want to do MP and try to get that "best" ending. (I just hope I dont have to play it forever.

I went Soldier
Pistol all the way
Relationship: Liara (like my ME1)
Almost all Paragon
Team: Garrus and Liara (most of the time)

Amazing game, just slow ending. Not going to rage about it until I see all of them for consistency

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I mean the ending could've used more closure, but other than that, it's just bad writing which Mass Effect has been plagued with since 2, so I don't get the super uproar either.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Jacob's dad is the stereotypical black guy in ME2. Terrible father etc.

If you romanced him in 2, he knocks some girl up in three and said he waited forever for femshep. ME3 takes place 3 months after two.

BioWare confirmed for SUPER RACIST.

youknowwhatitis2.gif

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
I played multiplayer pretty much for the first time last night, it is really fun

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
PLEASE.png

Now granted that stuff is just someone capping a 4chan post, but the actual "leak" was from a guy who leaked everything about the game like a month prior, so he's legit. Who knows?

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
I went into ME3 (Well...er...the demo) expecting the MP to be a tack-on.

It's been my favorite part of the game so far. Really loving it.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
I just reread Logan's post...And they're (supposedly) releasing a DLC ending?

Normally I'd call that a cop out but ME3 could really use a better ending. I actually hope it's true.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Emphasis on the supposedly.

After reading Casey Hudson's (CHud's) comments on the fan reaction to the ending, I'd say they went the wrong way. I'm fine with a little bit of room left for interpretation, but they did it in the wrong area.

Rather than "Why didn't the Catalyst just open the Citadel in Mass Effect 1?" we're left with "WHERE IS LIARA AND GARRUS AND ALL MY BEST FRIENDS!?"

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
[video=youtube;Tbghjn7_Byc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbghjn7_Byc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

PERHAPS

EDIT: Maybe this video has more merit than I originally thought. BioWare is dropping hints all over the place on Twitter that things may not be as they seem:

User 1: "I still want to believe you guys are sneaky trolls and have something going on you don't tell us yet. Can I get a cryptic reply?"
@masseffect: "The sun, it shines.

User 4: "Are you holding something back, that could quell the large amount of frustration from the community, a tiny hint would be enough."
@masseffect: "Mike Gamble already said on his twitter, if the fans knew what was in store, the reaction would be different.

User 1 -Well, i think i'll stop naggin you and trying to get you to talk about the indoctrination theory. :( Good game though!
Merizan - I want people to make up their own minds right now, then when more people have played we'll talk :)

User 3: "I kinda feel lost after that ending...not what I expected and left me feeling everything done was for nothing."
@masseffect: "We know it's a lot to take in! But hang in there. Your decisions matter."

User 7: "Its not that the ending was taken in the wrong direction its that it makes NO SENSE. Ashley was on the Normandy? she [was] with me."
@masseffect: "Probably a good thing to be cautious of."

Last edited:

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
It just seems like so much EFFORT for this not to be the real ending!

Why Buzz Aldrin, why the deserted planet/normandy, why EVERYTHING? If this theory is correct, the game should've ended with even LESS closure than we got.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
The indoctrination theory aside, BioWare is definitely hinting at some sort of an alternate ending or post-ending content.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
well paying for it will suck, but its a great ending if that's the case.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
If BioWare has any class, any ending DLC will be free.

So 800 ms points.