Skyrim Impressions Thread

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Let's talk about this game in a gameplay sense rather than a hype-sense!

What race are you gonna play as/what are you gonna specialize in!?

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
Im probably going to be Imperial first and specialize in dual wielding

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
My first time through I'll play as a Nord. If I wanna go at it again I'll probably be an Argonian.

As for my play style, I imagine I'll be a jack-of-all-trades guy, but If I decide to get really specialized I'll be a sneaky guy. Really looking forward to the Dark Brotherhood again!

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Imma make it up as I go. Not sure on race yet, I'll take a look at the visual options for each during the character creation and decide then.

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
Ill probably end up doing the Dark Brotherhood first cause I loved it in Oblivion
I plan on making it like how I play on Fallout, High lock pick, speech, bartering

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
This is my impression of Skyrim.

"Hey guys! I'm Skyrim! I'm a game full of mythical creatures that Casey's boyfriend has been obsessing over!"

How did I do?

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
POST YA CHARS!

24lllop.jpg

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
So what do yall like/dislike about the game so far?
Like: The new Magic system, It seems like a harder game to me, How the NPCs interact, Music
Dislike: Melee is still alittle clunky, Same opening as past games, Load times (only a minor setback IMO)

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I'm currently floored by it. I haven't been bothered by anything yet. It's actually hard to leave this game and play Skyward Sword, which is also fantastic.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Only gripe I've had so far, and it's tiny really, is the removal of the option to manipulate objects without taking them. I believe it was left or right bumper in Oblivion. I found this option extremely useful when decorating my home, which I havent tried yet in Skyrim.

Great game so far.

Chris

Sweet Little Lies
Jan 15, 2011
Only gripe I've had so far, and it's tiny really, is the removal of the option to manipulate objects without taking them. I believe it was left or right bumper in Oblivion. I found this option extremely useful when decorating my home, which I havent tried yet in Skyrim.

Great game so far.

Hold A on an object to do that. Your character will grab the object. I've noticed it only works on items you can pick up though.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
The game is fantastic. Easily the best Elder Scolls game to date. My only problems are a few glitches and some of the animations are pretty rough. Still, minor gripes. This just might be the best game on the Xbox 360.