Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • He should grow hair instead!

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
D

Don Francisco

I am not trying to impose my views on anyone, but I agree with the Pope on this one. Generally I agree with the Pope on many things (not all things, of course), but I don't agree with him just because he said it. I make up my own mind and many times I find that my view is the same as that of the Catholic Church.

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
I will admit that I'm fairly close minded about this topic. I'm just very firm in my opinion. I'm not telling you what to think. I'm just sharing my opinions.
62% of Americans are against homosexual marriage. I actually disappointed with that number. I would have thought that it would have been higher. If someone were to take that same question 50 years ago, then I bet the outcome would be a lot different. Marriage is defined as "the legal union of a man and woman as husband and wife". I have nothing against unwed homosexual couples, but legalizing marriage would only encourage more homosexual relationships.
Here's some more questions.
1) Should homosexual couples be allowed to adopt?
2) Could the legalization of homosexual marriage open doors to other marriage rights such as polygamy or lessened age restrictions?

B

belle

62% of Americans are against homosexual marriage.
we can throw around numbers all we want, what does that prove? statistics are bullshit. it doesn't matter WHO is against it. the constitution isn't against it and THAT is what matters.
k.

Mitch

The Big Dog
Sep 13, 2007
ok, why are people talking about gay people?
leave them be.

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
why do people always pick extremly conroversial topics to talk about and then get pissed when people dont think the same as they. personally, i like a good fight every now and then.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
How do gays concern anybody who isn't gay? Why the bloody hell do they care? It's not like the actions of homosexuals somehow degrade everybody else. It's not like homosexuals are somehow inferior. Leave them the hell alone, and let them get on with their lives.

I have one message that needs to go out to the whole world. It goes like this:
"SHUT THE FUCK UP."
If everybody just stopped looking down on other people because they're different, the world would be a better place. I know that'll never really happen. There will always be people who hate another group of people because of their race or religion. But why? It makes no sense. These people are not inferior. Nobody is superior to anybody else. Why doesn't everybody in the world just get together for a nice shut-the-fuck-up-fest.

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
it will never be like that, b/c are being raised to judge people. Children are seeing their parents in white hoods or wearing red laces and they want to emulate them, its all they know. Its really really sad. Personally, I am against homosexuality, but I have gay friends. I dont judge them for being gay, all I can do is pray for them and be there for them.

D

Don Francisco

How do gays concern anybody who isn't gay? Why the bloody hell do they care? It's not like the actions of homosexuals somehow degrade everybody else. It's not like homosexuals are somehow inferior. Leave them the hell alone, and let them get on with their lives.

I have one message that needs to go out to the whole world. It goes like this:
"SHUT THE FUCK UP."
If everybody just stopped looking down on other people because they're different, the world would be a better place. I know that'll never really happen. There will always be people who hate another group of people because of their race or religion. But why? It makes no sense. These people are not inferior. Nobody is superior to anybody else. Why doesn't everybody in the world just get together for a nice shut-the-fuck-up-fest.

Pink Floyd, you are inferior.

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
we NEED to stop swearing at each other and be mature in a serious topic. Or jump out of the boat.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
We're not swearing at each other. We're saying everybody, and that means everybody in the world, needs to shut the fuck up.

Ultima9999

lolz mog
Nov 10, 2003
I actually am against marriage in general, because marraige implies that there is some sacred bond betweet two individuals. The United States (supposedly) has a seperation between church and state, and by terming the union between two individuals as marriage, it is overstepping its boundaries as a civil entity.

The United States should rename what we consider marriage as civil unions. This compromise agrees with religion entirely, because churches may still maintain the belief that "marriage is between a man and a woman" (and therefore choose to 'wed' couples without actually bestowing any legal recognition) or whatever bullshit definition you pulled out of your ass Aaron (and it's a bullshit definition that you pulled out of your ass, wherever you've decided to take it from) and homosexuals can obtain legal status that married couples do.

Having said this, I AM TOTALLY AGAINST YOU AARON. I cannot believe that you would attempt to make our homosexual population second-class citizens by denying them the right to be recognized as a legal entity. While I doubt that our country will move toward civil unions, by denying homosexuals the right to marry, your opinion denies homosexuals basic human rights. I'm sure your glad that no one persecutes you, judges you, and by God, prays for you to 'get better' because you are a heterosexual. I am so completly disgusted with your opinion, it's not funny.

How can you speak for God, when you only spread a message of hate? I hate you, but most people wouldn't say I'm much of a Christian. But of course, since you hate the right kind of people (I bet your church even tries to convert homosexuals), you're probably a model Christian. You have no love for Christ. You have a love for your own petty ego, and you are weak and powerless because of it.