Help me play every Zelda game!

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
So I like playing old games that I feel our significant. I've played a lot of Zelda but my goal is to play them all. Problem is, I don't own a lot of the systems and won't go looking through my attic for an original nintendo. So to accomplish this goal I am enlisting your help. I copy and pasted the list of games below and I will make notes on my status with them. Any info you guys have on how I can gain access to these games would be greatly appreciated.

Nintendo Entertainment System

Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Game Boy
Nintendo 64
Game Boy Color
Nintendo GameCube
Game Boy Advance
Wii
Nintendo DS
Nintendo 3DS
Wii U
  • Zelda 2014 (TBA) - dont own a wii U. but this is the future so fuck it.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Only one I've never beaten is Adventure of Link. :(

If you have a Wii at least you can play the NES/SNES/N64 via the VC. Otherwise I think you would have to look around eBay.

Of course there is always emulation.

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
i hate emulators. they never work right for me.

i think i'm gonna play zelda, zelda 2 and a link to the past on the wii. im gonna have a problem with all the later handhelds.

anyone know if four swords is worth it?

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Honestly, I think it's vastly underrated. I played it via emulator last year for the first time and I thought it was a great game. It's basically a regular Zelda game but just with 4 Links as the main puzzle element, I would definitely recommend it as I had avoided it for many years because I thought it was a just a weird multiplayer game but it's definitely not. I got pretty far into it but didn't finish it because like you I would rather play it on a console. I hope they release it on the Wii U eshop.

I would say the worst games of all them are probably the two DS games, especially Spirit Tracks, maybe Link's crossbow training but I have never played that.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
minish cap is my favourite handheld zelda. never finished spirit tracks or link's adventure, and I haven't played crossbow training.

I may have only finished one of the oracle/seasons games but I can't remember.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Meh. I just went on Amazon and bought the system and the games that I wanted to go back and beat. Emulators are obviously the more convenient way to go about it, but having a Super Nintendo so I could go back and buy and beat LTTP isn't anything to complain about. Plus it allows me to keep a classic console and go back and play a lot of amazing games. I think the only Zeldas I haven't beaten are the more recent handheld games. I'll borrow LBW from Jay.

Lulu

Kupo!
Nov 9, 2011
I never played four swords myself either; wasn't interested. I highly recommend LTTP though. It IS and my favorite Zelda game.

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
four swords is on gamecube right? so you can play it through the wii. i'll probably do that and give the crossbow game a shot just for shits and giggles.