Assassin Creed 3

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Ubisoft just doesn't give a shit anymore.

Plot is completely FUBAR, and no new game in the series offers anything special or relevant, yet people, for whatever reason, enjoy buying the games to do the same redundant shit over and over.

AC: The COD of adventure games.

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
Ubisoft just doesn't give a shit anymore.

Plot is completely FUBAR, and no new game in the series offers anything special or relevant, yet people, for whatever reason, enjoy buying the games to do the same redundant shit over and over.

AC: The COD of adventure games.

upon reading this i wrote out a big long thing explaining how what you said was false...but then i deleted it realizing it will go unread so instead i'll resort to this:

attachment.php

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
What a coincidence. COD fanboys say the same thing; yet, none of them do as near of good of a job as I'm sure you'll do explaining why I'm wrong.

So, please, do explain what makes my statement incorrect.

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
What a coincidence. COD fanboys say the same thing; yet, none of them do as near of good of a job as I'm sure you'll do explaining why I'm wrong.

So, please, do explain what makes my statement incorrect.

Well I could talk about the three Ezio platform games in 3 regards. Gameplay, story and multiplayer. I'll start with multiplayer since its easiest because AC2 did'nt even have it because, well....it was pretty damn long in of itself and at that point multiplayer was unheard of in a game like that. So when they announced it people were doubtful for Brotherhood, yet it was completely original (in an era with generic multiplayer games) and fun as shit (not without issues though)... Then for revelations they completely updated it in every way possible making the matchmaking process better and more customization and even intertwining the Templar story into the multiplayer as well. Not to mention expansion of game types. Gameplay wise, AC2 was above and beyond what the first one was. It took everything good about it and improved on everything people were complaining about. Brotherhood then added new gameplay elements of the dens and the brotherhood aspect of the game. And got rid of something that would be redundant (the flying machine) and put in the Da Vinci war machine missions. Revelation then brought the setting back to the middle east (great change from being in Italy for two games) and added some more new features with bombs, the minigame den attack thing and the desmonds journey segments. Also it completely expanded the recruit aspect of brotherhood allowing for recruit missions on the multiplayer characters (a nice tie-in). Also, playing in the cave memory was fun too.

Now for story; Ezio's arc is awesome storytelling. One of my favorite sagas in video games. The first one dealt with him growing up from a boy bent on revenge to a man with a purpose. The second one then allowed him to fulfill that purpose by building the assassins back from the brink of destruction while finally putting an end to his rivals. Not to mention that I was completely sucked into playing project legacy which made playing the multiplayer so much more fun knowing all their stories. Revelations then shows Ezio becoming the mentor of legend and connects him to Altair opening the door for AC3 and w/e shit they had planned for 2012 and "the ones who came before". Also AC: the fall is a great comic book. Better than anything they've done for gears or halo. And works nicely with the canon.

That's my cliff notes love of the story. I could go on forever because I love it so much. But Ubisoft is fucking huge... Which is how they can make 1 game a year... The credits take like 45 minutes to get thru for every game. I don't play cod. But from what I hear the game is mostly multiplayer. And while the multiplayer for AC is groundbreaking and amazing.. I really play it for the single player. Becoming an assassin and running the rooftops, being on a mission knowing that theres a grand mystical backstory to the war with the templars is what video games are all about. Believe me... I'm the first person to point a finger when a franchise loses what made it special as halo did a long time ago. AC hasn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
Im not reading that because I can't

Its hard to tell where sentences begin and end and that makes my dyslexia kick in

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I have Assassin's Creed 1 and brotherhood. I tried to play the single player in both games, but the parts where you are brought back to present day just ruin the game for me. Brotherhood multiplayer was funny, but it gets stale pretty fast - something that is fun to play once in a while, but I wouldn't want to play it every night.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Ezio is a good character, but not three games good.

Hated the animus plot device.

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
Ezio is a good character, but not three games good.

Hated the animus plot device.

I liked the fact that we are reliving the past memories but I dont like the fact that they are constantly referring back to the present.

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
Brotherhood multiplayer was funny, but it gets stale pretty fast - something that is fun to play once in a while, but I wouldn't want to play it every night.

I can agree with that. But they changed a lot in Revelations. Added more gametypes and made it easier to get into games.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
That's great and all, but it doesn't make Travis' point any less true. COD could do the same thing, and their multiplayer would still be the same. Millions of people would masturbate to it, but it's still the same recycled material.

And that's my point. All your points are fair, but none of them debunk my points of what AC has become.

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
That's great and all, but it doesn't make Travis' point any less true. COD could do the same thing, and their multiplayer would still be the same. Millions of people would masturbate to it, but it's still the same recycled material.

And that's my point. All your points are fair, but none of them debunk my points of what AC has become.

I don't really get what you're saying by "recycled material" because you haven't really made any points. Are you talking about the story, gameplay or multiplayer? I mean, you can never say multiplayer is recycled because its always being tweeked...in every game. Gears is the best example of this. Every installment is a layer building on the previous one trying to make it different/better. Thats just what games are. Story wise, well the story for AC is one of the best in games as whole. I dont see how that can be recycled because well...its not. Its just a continuous story showing the evolution of the characters. One that I'm thoroughly enjoying. And you can say gameplay is recycled but it only is in the regard that all sequels have the same gameplay. Is halo recycled because you play in first person and fight the covenant? Is Mass Effect because you travel from planet to planet with a team of aliens? You're an assassin in AC. You patrol the rooftops and assassinate people. Its what the game is, but the missions between them vary enough and add enough flavor to keep it interesting and entertaining.

You keep comparing it to COD and its fanboys, but AC is a single player game first and foremost while COD is a multiplayer one. I love AC for its storytelling. Thats why Im a huge fan of it.

I mean the only thing it has in common with COD is that they release a game every year...but thats something that should be praised not looked down on. If they were made just to sell more games then fuck them. I never would have got Revelations nor be excited for AC3. But they are all quality and come with an awesome story. Ubisoft has the resources to make an AC game every year leading up to the 2012 theme of the story. Why shouldnt they?

Besides, AC3's release shouldnt be a surprise because they said when they announced brotherhood that they would be releasing a game ever year and then went on to say "we need to conclude the 2012 storyline before the end of 2012. Kind of silly to do it afterward." So if anything they are keeping true to their word.

Edit: You want to talk about recycled material...take a look at the GTA series. Thats why Im probably not getting GTA5....*waits for the riots*

Last edited:

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v7Htt1iBja8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
I don't really get what you're saying by "recycled material" because you haven't really made any points. I mean, you can never say multiplayer is recycled because its always being tweeked... Story wise, well the story for AC is one of the best in games as whole. I dont see how that can be recycled because well...its not. Its just a continuous story showing the evolution of the characters. One that I'm thoroughly enjoying. Its what the game is, but the missions between them vary enough and add enough flavor to keep it interesting and entertaining.

I mean the only thing it has in common with COD is that they release a game every year...but thats something that should be praised not looked down on. If they were made just to sell more games then fuck them. I never would have got Revelations nor be excited for AC3. But they are all quality and come with an awesome story. Ubisoft has the resources to make an AC game every year leading up to the 2012 theme of the story.

Edit: You want to talk about recycled material...take a look at the GTA series. Thats why Im probably not getting GTA5....*waits for the riots*

:ryan::ryan::ryan::ryan::ryan::ryan::ryan::ryan::ryan::ryan::ryan::ryan::ryan::ryan::ryan::ryan::ryan::ryan::ryan::ryan::ryan:

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
i love the sequence of events here:

i say i dont want to post my points because it wont even matter.

dave says "no. state your points i want to hear them"

i do...

then dave responds with funny pictures

Chris

Sweet Little Lies
Jan 15, 2011
i love the sequence of events here:

i say i dont want to post my points because it wont even matter.

dave says "no. state your points i want to hear them"

i do...

then dave responds with funny pictures

Welcome to Gamerhandles.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
While we are talking about mexican space program. Let's talk about Mexico ambulances.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uWqFQTRq-JQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
I'm also quite the fan of the events here. You know, the same ones that have been occurring on this site since Travis made it.

1) Argument

2) Counter-argument

3) Counter the counter-argument

4) Realize the argument is going nowhere because it's pointless to try and sway the other person

5) Troll the other person

6) Other person gets mad

7) Mexicans

8) Deal with it

But, for the sake of conversation, you're literally arguing in a circle with me. So, it's better just to accept that you like mediocre, recycled games and everyone moves on happy and content.

:chikn: