30mbr42.jpg

ic39nb.jpg

2utlxtc.jpg

More here:
Xbox One Console | Galleries | Joystiq

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
so sony is releasing playstation 4 and microsoft is releasing xbox 1. someone needs to play catch up

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
I dont think its all terrible but E3 is judgement day. If they cant deliver on games then it will tank

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
The big issue they sidestepped today is for that instant switching between games and TV, Wired is reporting all games need to be installed to the HDD. What does that mean for the rental/used games market? How they will handle the game unlocks is something they are going to need to address at E3. Supposedly the games will be tied to an Xbox Live account to keep people from just passing around the disks. I suppose it wouldn't be an issue if they allow you to freely unattach a game from the XBL account, but verifying that has occurred would be a nightmare for Gamestop and next to impossible for game rental companies.

The whole "always online" thing wasn't really addressed either. Apparently it's a "it depends on the game" answer since Microsoft is giving developers the ability to offload some processing responsibilities to their cloud service, so games that used that feature would need to be always online.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
i'll probably stick with PC and Wii U (once it gets some good games) for a while.

Chris

Sweet Little Lies
Jan 15, 2011
I dont think its all terrible but E3 is judgement day. If they cant deliver on games then it will tank

Xbox is pretty much guaranteed to deliver on games, it'll do fine.

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
The whole "always online" thing wasn't really addressed either. Apparently it's a "it depends on the game" answer since Microsoft is giving developers the ability to offload some processing responsibilities to their cloud service, so games that used that feature would need to be always online.

Xbox One Does Require Internet Connection, Can't Play Offline Forever

plus i buy all my games and have no friends so i dont give a shit about all that player profile bullshit

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
i was just about to post that video. i can't stop laughin

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
So with the changes in the DRM and making it exactly like the old system, I have mixed feelings. Part of me thought the digital sharing of library to anyone was cool (sort of similar to the PSN implementation that they eventually got rid of) and the changes make the system somewhat boring. The other side of me thought the DRM was stupid and unnecessary.

They could have probably fixed the stupid 24 hour check, by only requiring it if the disc wasn't in the drive or just requiring the shared library requires you to check in once in a while (as this is the only viable reason I could think of for the DRM). I'm not sure they needed to get rid of every aspect of it.

Personally I think they should have kept the digital push but just eased some restrictions on the DRM. Now they made the system kind of boring - but then again, I'm not someone who trades my games in.