World of Warcraft

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
Ive been thinking about playing WoW
I first played it years ago when Burning Crusade first came out but i never really got into it
of course play by myself didnt help cause its really boring if you dont play with people

are any of yall WoW players and why or why not should i start back up
the main thing i hate about it is pay to play, its like 30 bucks for 2 months, adds up to 180 a year

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Chris can answer this for you. I've never played it nor do I ever plan to.

MMORPGs arent my thing.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I played it for a while, it was fun, but no more fun then the many high quality F2P MMOs that are out there. Particularly the recently turned F2P Lord of the Rings online, or possibly DDO.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
Only MMO I played was Ragnarok Online!
Man I love that game.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
All of you guys played wow! Yall played that demo thing! Wow was boring. FFXI is better!

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
i like MMOs
and i never got to play FFXI or FFIV cause they are pay to play i believe and i dont have the graphics card for them

Chris

Sweet Little Lies
Jan 15, 2011
Ive been thinking about playing WoW
I first played it years ago when Burning Crusade first came out but i never really got into it
of course play by myself didnt help cause its really boring if you dont play with people

are any of yall WoW players and why or why not should i start back up
the main thing i hate about it is pay to play, its like 30 bucks for 2 months, adds up to 180 a year

It's a fun game but it's just a huge time waster. Takes about 15 days total (if you know what you're doing) to get up to level cap and you still have to get decent gear to even enjoy 10 or 25 man raids.

rman

The Grapist!!
Mar 8, 2011
Never got into WoW.....though on a whim whilst bored I downloaded a "free to play" MMO and sunk wayyyyy too much time into it. Problem with MMO's are is that they get addicting if you get involved with people on there. I have played 2 different free to play ones since I was "recommended" a second one after the game I was on starting falling to pieces.

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
It's a fun game but it's just a huge time waster. Takes about 15 days total (if you know what you're doing) to get up to level cap and you still have to get decent gear to even enjoy 10 or 25 man raids.

but is it worth the 180 a year

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
Never got into WoW.....though on a whim whilst bored I downloaded a "free to play" MMO and sunk wayyyyy too much time into it. Problem with MMO's are is that they get addicting if you get involved with people on there. I have played 2 different free to play ones since I was "recommended" a second one after the game I was on starting falling to pieces.

ive played alot of free ones but i just get bored with them

rman

The Grapist!!
Mar 8, 2011
ive played alot of free ones but i just get bored with them

Thus why I was always scared of WoW. Pay for something I could get bored of quickly? Nah.....Though I do have to say Flyff was mildly entertaining.

Ephemeral

Latte Lovin' Lefty
May 18, 2011
I played FFXI for a few years, and a bunch of people from my Linkshell tried out WoW. They didn't like it because it overly simplistic. Of course, that's after playing FFXI which was surprisingly deep and complex. If you've never played one before and were starting with it, I'm sure it would be entertaining. I guess you can't jump to it after playing others though...