Win a Free Copy of Dissidia: Final Fantasy Giveaway Thread

Discussion in 'Events' started by Tarvis, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Logan

Logan Administrator

I started to question this game after I was beating ass with an umbrella in my swim trunks. WE'LL SEE.

2. Tarvis

Tarvis Yeah, that's right. Administrator

Them umbrellas got sharp POINTS

3. bullbl01

bullbl01 Deku Scrub

well, i just saw a gamespot comp video of dissidia final fantasy and i've gotta say, it looks really badass. i haven't been this excited in a long time. but i think they should've made seifer the final fantasy vii villain rather than ultimecia. just sayin...

4. Logan

Logan Administrator

Yeah, they said this game was all about protagonists and antagonists. That's the reason they chose Jecht over Seymour for FFX. I guess that kind of makes sense (well not really since Jecht wasn't even a bad guy), but Seifer was certainly more antagonizing to Squall than Ultimecia. They have CONTRADICTED themselves.

5. HoT_HiPPiE

HoT_HiPPiE [Insert something cool]

I like the Seifer over ultimecia idea.
    And last I heard, there were no FFXII characters, anybody know why?

6. Tarvis

Gabranth's in the game

7. HoT_HiPPiE

Oops! Only Gabranth?

8. Logan

Logan Administrator

Yeah, the bonus characters are Shantotto from XI and Gabranth from XII.

9. ginrai

ginrai Deku Scrub

i guess the main draw of the game is basically the ability to play the main characters featured in the ff series. tats totally worth the price to get the game already.

i juz dun like the game play of the chess board. perhaps they could make a sequel tat plays out more like an RPG and updated with characters from the upcoming ff games...

10. bullbl01

bullbl01 Deku Scrub

yea. well, as far as jecht over seymour goes, jecht kinda was the antagonist in the beginning. always putting tidus down and treating him like crap. of course, jecht's character changed during the game and seymour was the one that opposed the group for most of the time, jecht just seems like the better pick. seymour kinda reminds me of ultimecia as far as fighting is concerned, and ultimecia in a fighting game like this just doesn't mesh well with me. i mean, she's a sorceress for crying out loud! she's not very close-range, as opposed to all the other characters who can throw down when needed. using ultimecia instead of seifer is like using necron instead of kuja. it just doesn't work.

11. HoT_HiPPiE

Using ultimecia instead of seifer? I knew my signature would come in handy!

12. Tarvis

I think they used Jecht because he fit the storyline better.

13. Bayli

Bayli Weeaboo Queen Senior Member

i can't wait until i can actually understand what the hell they're saying, and all the equipment and STUFFS.

14. Logan

Logan Administrator

Maybe Squall and Seifer were too identical?

As for Ultimecia being long range and not fitting the game, the cool part about Dissidia is that it's all pretty balanced character wise . Well, at least in the sense that you can have fun playing as whoever the hell you want (unless it's Kefka, he blows). Sure Ultimecia is made for long range, but I like how the game can conform around your playstyle. The game wouldn't be as fun if you were stuck playing as characters who just kicked the shit out of each other. Everybody would wind up playing as Cloud and Jecht.

This is evidenced in this video where I just float around in Clouds face.

Attached Files:

15. ginrai

ginrai Deku Scrub

haha..nice vidz =) i almost feel sry for cloud who could not get a proper hit with u guarding and dodging all his attacks..keke..

btw, wat software did u used to capture the gameplay?

16. Logan

Logan Administrator

Dissidia lets you save replays and then convert them to avi's and puts them on your psp. Pretty nifty.

17. bullbl01

bullbl01 Deku Scrub

i think the point that was brought up about the variety of the characters was a good one. sadly, i didn't get to see the video. ib9e been posting from my cell. but i also think they could've put ramza from fft in. and possibly vormav or gaffgarion. =)

18. ginrai

ginrai Deku Scrub

wow..i did not know tat u can save vidz on dissidia for playback o_O will definitely get my frds who hv a japanese copy to check it out

last day to the giveaway..its so exciting..*crossing my fingers, hoping tat i win it* ^^

19. bullbl01

bullbl01 Deku Scrub

Quick question. I just picked up a psp and final fantasy VII Crisis Core. I won't get a chance to play it till later. But anyone wanna tell me how good it is?

20. ginrai

ginrai Deku Scrub

crisis core is one of the better games on psp. its the game tat suck me into psp in the 1st place. gameplay is pretty okay with beautiful cut scenes. the main drawback is the entirely random "slot machine" system of activating ur powers. some pple hv some formulas to calculate the possibility of the events happening but i never bother with them =P

play it soonz...u will not regret it =)