Wii game suggestions

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
I'm getting a Christmas present for a friend of mine. He has a Wii, but doesn't have any games for it. He said he'd like anything with Mario or Zelda. I was thinking TP or the first Galaxy game, but I know he's a huge fan of the old Kart and Smash games, so one of those would probably be good too. I've played Smash a good bit with Logan, and I played Kart a couple times when it first debuted, but I haven't played the Zelda game or either Galaxy game. So I need opinions on which to get.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
They're all great.

I prefer SMG2 to 1.

TP is great. I didn't like Mario Kart Wii that much, but Brawl is great.

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
I've heard SMG2 is better, but I don't wanna get him the sequel if he hasn't played the original.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Well it's kind of like feeling bad if you bought someone mega man 3 instead of 2. There isn't any real continuity I suppose.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
Yeah, SMG2 doesn't even act like there's a first game!

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Tell him the Wii is for pussies and deliver an Arnold styled kick directly to the groin like so.

[video=youtube;gfiNXqNxC4k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfiNXqNxC4k[/video]

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Out of all the games mentioned here, I'd say I've had the most fun with SMG2 while playing alone, and NSMBWii while playing with others. So it depends on weather or not he'll be playing multiplayer or single player more.

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
Buy him tons of points for virtual console.

Because all Wii is, is Mario.

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
He would like the hacking thing. Anyone who would like to give me that information would be my best friend.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
http://forums.gamerhandles.com/threads/2183-Softmodding-a-4.2-Wii

sappd.jpg

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
So Logan, I'm doing this for Bradley, who bought my old Wii (who I bought to spite Andrew, but that's another story). Is he gonna run into any problems with the software versions? Do you know that? He said he's updated it and everything.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Honestly I aint never done it. Bayli and Travis have though so they could tell you. I imagine it has to be downgraded if it's already been upgraded or something but I dunno.

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
Also, I know nothing about this. What are the advantages to doing this?