What Game Are You Currently Playing?

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
started playing my first free-to-play game. ascend: hand of kul. what a scam these things are.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I play mostly iphone games now. :(

All of which are microtransaction hell-holds. Thankfully I can use that gameshark/memory editor to bypass most of them. Some are server sided though which is lameeeeee.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
yeah, those ios games eh? i just use iapfree to bypass iaps in a lot of games.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I downloaded LocalIapStore which is supposed to be the same sorta thing, but doesn't seem to work in probably 99% of my games (crashes or whatnot). I guess I will give iapfree a try. I'm kinda nervous about these since I'm afraid I will get charged or something.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I don't have any payment info on my account I use on my JB devices, so I don't have to worry about that

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
i play all my games on a work phone so everything gets charged thru the business. yay for tax write offs.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Lol, the telecom manager for my company had to give me warning because I went over the text limit once. Can't imagine how mad they'd get if I tried charging iOS purchases to them.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Borderlands 2. I'm cheating, and thus a bad person.

(I cheat by downloading a lvl61 character from the internet, then doing splitscreen by myself with 2 controllers, one profile as my regular guy, the other in the super high level game. Every kill = shitloads of exp for my normal guy. No, I have nothing better to be doing.)

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
Borderlands 2. I'm cheating, and thus a bad person.

(I cheat by downloading a lvl61 character from the internet, then doing splitscreen by myself with 2 controllers, one profile as my regular guy, the other in the super high level game. Every kill = shitloads of exp for my normal guy. No, I have nothing better to be doing.)

i literally have no comment for that.

i'm playing sleeping dogs. free games with gold is awesome. the hardest part of this game is driving on the opposite side of the road.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Hah, it took a long time for me to get used to both that and entering and exiting vehicles on the opposite side. Great game though.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Yeah I finished BL2 and...I dunno. Didn't like it anywhere near as much as BL1. And no it's not because I cheated and made it too easy. I loved BL1, played it through with every character and did all the DLC. But I have no desire to go through BL2 again or get any DLC. Can't really put my finger on why, but I guess it's a) nowhere near as funny as the first one, b) the loot system seems way different and a lot less satisfying. I was running through 75% of that game with shitty guns I hated using.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I liked BL2 more than BL1, but that's probably because I played with friends. Otherwise, I never finished the game and I didn't really see what the hype was all about. I also paid for that stupid 4 pack of it for my friends and one other chick and she did the rude dog "take it-never play it with us-never say thank you" which might have put me more off the game. Although Logan and Bayli(?) paid for their shares I think.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
See I'm going through BL1 again now and yeah man I really like it a lot more. Brick is so much fun.

Lulu

Kupo!
Nov 9, 2011
I started playing around on the Wildstar beta. It's hella fun. It's like if Borderlands and Mass Effect had a spawn of their own. I have high hopes for this game.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Going through the original Far Cry (PC) again. Man I played this so much back in the day. It was mind-blowing. It's, uh...not held up spectacularly well. Still fun though.

Also just went through Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction. Played this ages ago when I first got a PS3, was a nice little game to back to. I was actually surprised that the game runs at a constant 60fps regardless of how much shit is on screen. That's something game devs appear to have forgotten how to do.

Last edited:

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Guard dialogue is hilariously bad though. "I'M GONNA SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE!!!"

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
aliens: colonial marines. its doo-doo. but it does have the best dialogue exchange i've heard in a while.

"you didn't tell me they explode." "they explode?" "well they were all 'uh, what's that noise' and then they FUCKING EXPLODED."

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Metal Gear Solid VR Missions
Battlefield 4
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past