Watchmen

Natalie

Monkeys killing monkeys
Nov 20, 2007
Omg i might go tonight too see it :O looks so good.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E4blSrZvPhU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E4blSrZvPhU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I assume that you've read the comic, what do you think about them changing the ending?

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I saw it. It was pretty damned good in terms of staying true to the novel. The ending wasn't really a big departure from the book, and it works just as good really. It never really was that long winded either, which is pretty impressive for a 2 hour 40 minute movie.

only few complaints.

1) some of the music was just strange. I understand they were trying to play some music to relate to the 80's decade, but they played them in some of the weirdest spots. Like when 99 Luft Balloons or whatever comes blaring in on a supposedly poignant scene.

2) while they were really true to the book, some of the comic dialogue doesn't translate all that well when it's spoken by actors. leading to some cheese-tastic moments.

3) the girl that played laurie/silk spectre was pretty shit. hot? yes. good actress? no.

4) too much dr. manhattan electro-dong.

Regardless, I was really impressed with how they were able to make it into a movie. I can see it being confusing if you weren't familiar to the story, but it flowed about as well as it could have. Kudos to Snyder.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
omg. there really was a lot of manhattan dong. too much.
99 luft balloons = wat
comic dialogue did have a little cheese on it. ESPECIALLY rorschach. that bothered me. not gonna lie. and rorschach's batman-esque accent got to be annoying after a bit.

i REALLY liked this movie. like, seriously. i thought it was a really good adaptation.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
i is broke so i'll prolly have to wait until there is a good cam

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Logan's post pretty much hit the nail on the tiny head, especially number 4. That, along the five minute sex scene with Nite Owl and Silk Spectre on the ship combined for some pretty awkward moments. I guess it depends on who you see it with, also. And Nixon's nose. GOOD LORD. I honestly thought it was a joke at first.

But they did a fantastic job with this movie, translating it over from the book.

Last edited:

Natalie

Monkeys killing monkeys
Nov 20, 2007
It was so much longer than i thought it'd be. but then again i drank like two bottles of water the last hour was painful.
It was pretty good. but yeah Chick was pretty bad of an actress, and she was annoying!.
yeah the sex scene was pretty awkward.