Transformers: War for Cybertron (Multiplatform)

FiOth

Dedicated Gamer
May 10, 2011
Let's take a moment to contemplate how games are promoted these days: You hit a "sweet-spot" for a specific audience, iron-out any problems and keep spamming sequels until Hell freezes over. It has been done for many years now, and apart from the unavoidable stagnation it brings, this situation causes another issue: It leaves little room for new ips, no matter how note-worthy or inspired they might be. That said, let's move on to the actual review.

Like the characters it follows, there is more to this title than meets the eye... In all honesty, there is a ton more to say about WFC than any eye would meet. People tend to bitch about this and that when something they don't want to like comes their way, but in the case of this title, well, it stands when almost every other TF game fell. I will not go into specifics regarding what happens in the campaign and who the leading characters are. All I am going to say is that the game offers a solid up-to-three players story mode, a survival mode called "Escalation" that can be very strategic and fun if you play with a proper team and down-right the best multiplayer I've ever played. And I've played quite a bit, I can assure you.

Transformers-War-for-Cybertron1.jpg

Without reinventing the wheel the game offers many memorable moments and a plethora of interesting enemies and encounters. Smashing Decepticons into tiny bits has never been done better

Its all about combat dynamics. The characters ARE TF and ACT like it. You can turn from one form into the other at any given moment - mid-air, while running, while falling etc. - which means that if you know how to move and have a deep understanding of the game's motor capabilities you can produce some very interesting and stylish results. Learn how to pull these moves in-game and no battle shall be impossible, no opponent unbeatable. Suffice to say that combat between pro players in mp is something to behold. Too bad there are not too many decent users playing atm...

TWFC-Mult-Char-Cust.jpg

The game offers basis customization of both Autobot and Decepticon chassis in terms of appearance. These might be simple paint-jobs but they help create a sense of identity for your Transformers

If you are able to get past the 20% of bitching reviews and "opinions" of people who have actually no in-depth experience with the game give it a spin. Invest some time in it and your battles on Cybertron will be something to remember...

war_for_cybertron.jpg

...'Till all are one.