News The Rock as Marcus Fenix in Gears of War movie?

News

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Screenwriter Chris Morgan, who penned such movies as Fast and Furious and Wanted, comments on the assignment of writing the script for the upcoming Gears of War movie. One of the issues, he says, is to find an actor who can not only be the tough guy in the movie, but showcase emotion and “put some humanity in it”. He pictures The Rock, aka Dwayne Johnson, to play the part of Marcus Fenix. Morgan says of The Rock:
“The Rock is awesome. There’s a genuine actor. Not only can he play the tough guy, but he can also play the nuanced, sensitive funny sad moments as well. But finding that guy is incredibly difficult.”

We don’t know about the last part.

[Source]

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
the idea of the rock as a super moviestar in 2009 was it farfetched or nah? I dont remember

Dave do u remember us going to see the Doom movie with Andrew in high school but he wasn't old enough and he had to buy a ticket to WALLACE AND GROMIT and then we went to taco bell god bless ya brother

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
lmao yep. One of my core memories.

I don't think he actually saw the movie with us because they had cops stationed outside the screening, so he backed out and met us later