the resident evil series

cameroncrogers

Cameroncrogers
Sep 2, 2011
i loved the series at first. But lately its been very boring.
These are my ratings of the games:
RE1: 50%- Horrible voice acting.
RE2: 100%
RE3: 90%
RE 1 Remake: 100%
RE ZERO: 80%
RE SURVIVOR: 70%
RE SURVIVOR 2 CV: 20%
RE DEAD AIM: 90%
RE CODE VERONICA: 100%
RE OUTBREAK: 100%
RE OUTBREAK 2: 80%
RE 4: 10%
RE 5: FLAT OUT 0%
RE GAIDEN: 0% Most ugliest thing ever.
RE UMBRELLA CHRONICLES: 70%
RE DARKSIDE CHRONICLES: 90%
RE OPERATION RACCOON CITY: 100% ( from previews )

-----
Reviews of the series as of now.
I think its stupid that japan is the only ones who can get the complete collection!
And i think re 1.5 is better then 2... and i think that outbreak 3 should be made, and they should ditch the over the shoulder view, and go back to old ways of resident evil. Then should also release resident evil outbreak 1 and 2 in the revival selection.

ERA RATINGS:
Era 1 ( All fixed perpectives ) : 90%
Era 2 ( behind the back ) : 40%
Era 3 ( Operation raccoon city ): 100% Third person thats actually visible without having the feel of running behind someone! :)

TalesOfPants

Project DIVA
Mar 23, 2011
Resident Evil 2 and Code Veronica are hands down my favs. That's why I'm thrilled with the upcoming HD releases.

For some reason I love Resident Evil 5. It's probably because I always played it with a co-op partner, and love co-op styled gameplay. It works well for that.

As for the light-gun games, I do like the Wii ones, but I prefer House of the Dead for that sort of thing.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I love 2 and Code Veronica too, but how can you give RE4 a 10%!?

I understand the purist's mentality and why people really don't like 5 (I'm with ToP though, 5 Co-Op is tons o fun), but RE4 wasn't too huge of a departure (well the first half of it) and it played/looked fantastic back in 2004!

One of my favorite games ever.

TalesOfPants

Project DIVA
Mar 23, 2011
The big problem with Resident Evil 4 and 5, is that they shouldn't have been Resident Evil games. Sure, some same characters, but it's way too different.

RE4 as an action/adventure game is great. RE4 as a Resident Evil game is just weird.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
MEH. Guess we'll see in a few weeks what Capcom decides to do with the series.

cameroncrogers

Cameroncrogers
Sep 2, 2011
I love 2 and Code Veronica too, but how can you give RE4 a 10%!?

I understand the purist's mentality and why people really don't like 5 (I'm with ToP though, 5 Co-Op is tons o fun), but RE4 wasn't too huge of a departure (well the first half of it) and it played/looked fantastic back in 2004!

One of my favorite games ever.

i gave 4 a bad score along with 5 because there horrible flawed controls, bad camera angles, and so on. And 4 wiped out the REAL resident evil theme. Zombies. WOW so f*cking scary! Resident evil 4 has possesed villagers AAAA! RUN!. Not. 4 was a joke i hated it from the start. Capcom ALWAYS scraps the better project. Resident evil 3.5 looked better then the final project 4, it had zombies, mansions... and re 1.5 was good too but we got 2 which is still good. The only reason 4 and 5 is called resident evil, is because they threw characters from the series into it, and slapped a logo on the game. Im glad capcom confirmed survival horror is back with revelations and operation raccoon city, and they said resident evil 6 will be survival horror again focused on zombies, monsters and puzzels, and they said revelations will be the final behind the back camera resident evil. Finally. They took a big risk with 4 after what they did to dino crisis with that turd dino crisis 3. Dino 1 and 2 was GREAT, but then 3 was up in space, space guns, robot dinos. Wow so dumb.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Gameplay > Presentation in almost all cases.

RE4 and RE5 are infinitely more playable than their counter parts.

Megaman Zero abolished the formula of a boss select screen and progressed to a more and more open world, but that didn't make it bad, just different. Mega Man Legends had absolutely zero to do with Mega Man, but it was still a good game. Just because 4 and 5 aren't traditional doesn't make them bad by any strech of the imagination. Different yes, bad no.

cameroncrogers

Cameroncrogers
Sep 2, 2011
4 and 5 do not have good gameplay. Running from things is difficult when turning is bad with that camera. I got my head chopped off alot in resident evil 5.

TalesOfPants

Project DIVA
Mar 23, 2011
4 and 5 do not have good gameplay. Running from things is difficult when turning is bad with that camera. I got my head chopped off alot in resident evil 5.

You can do the quick-turn 180, which is nice, but I wish they had a quick quarter-turn in those games. It takes forever and a day to turn 90 degrees in any direction.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Listen, it's the same argument I give for Zelda games. You can nit-pick about petty bullshit all you want, but at the end of the day, it's RESIDENT EVIL. It's all amazing. Some games are better than others, but it's all great. People can bitch and moan about Capcom all day, and rightfully so, but RE is one of the few things they have done, and continue to do, right.

Now, if they could just put both Chris and Leon into RE 6.