The Lazy Reviewer Thread

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Salt - 9.8

Tastes good on french fries, and is fun to kill slugs with.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Dude, seriously? You're getting all bent out of shape over a .3 difference on a review score. We both agree Batman: AA is incredible.

Chill.

[video=youtube;5zuhxfrXocw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zuhxfrXocw[/video]
[video=youtube;YPIsTKpAoE4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPIsTKpAoE4[/video]

And if you absolutely must know what I didn't like in Arkham Asylum:
-Boss fights were too easy. The game is about being a "detective", and I think the boss fights would have been better if you had to figure out their specific weaknesses and exploit it. The Titans, Bane, Croc, and Ivy could be defeated with Batarangs and a few punches. The Joker fight wasn't even that much of a fight. He jumped in, tried to smack you around a bit, and sent his goons on you.
-The cutscenes were in a very low resolution, which I found pretty damned odd to be honest.
-The AI in stealth sequences could use a little work. Many times I'd do a stealth takedown right next to someone and they didn't even notice. I should be in their peripheral vision, which sort of broke the immersion when the dude I'm choking is flailing his arms like a mad man and the dude right next to him doesn't give a damn.

Still, MINOR gripes. Batman: Arkham Asylum is one of the best games I've ever played. So what if I don't think it's perfect? It's still amazing.

JAY CRITICIZING SOMETHING FOR BEING TOO EASY? OH MY GOOOOOD!

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
george-eating-popcorn.gif

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Dead Rising 2 (Xbox 360) : 8

Game is fun. Co-op is a blast. Technical issues are annoying.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I just beat Uncharted 2.

It was really good, definitely better than the first. Still, the game has its problems. About everything in it lacks the polish you'd expect it to have. It's a jack of all trades, master of none type of deal.

Still though, easily one of the most charming and action-packed PS3 games I've ever played.

8.5/10

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Uncharted and its sequel has the same problems Mass Effect does for me.

The first game looks/performance is shit.

The second game is GREAT.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
My problem with U2 was that the hit detection is still SUPER SHIT. Enemies take too many shots to die and the encounters are kinda badly designed sometimes.

Everything else done good.

I also gotta give it mad props for including CHRIS MODE!

chrimode.jpg

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
My Dinner Tonight: 7/10

The chicken was a little boring, not dry, very juicy. But I feel like it needed something extra. I probably should have pan fried it instead of baking it.

Also, the green beans were over peppered.

Would eat again, but only if made for me.

By far, not my best work.

TD

The Chairman
Sep 28, 2010
Skyline+Latest+Poster.jpg

Not many survived, one of the main characters goes out early in movie. Basically they all die.

2/10

Last edited:

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
It's not a spoiler thread!

It's a lazy reviewers thread!

Now I can't even watch it!

Gosh, the only other time I was this upset was when someone told me the ending to Titantic.

Fuck.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
So, I'm just sitting here at work, bored as shit, and these people come out of nowhere from downstairs and hand me four boxes of pizza!

10/10

Chris

Sweet Little Lies
Jan 15, 2011
So, I'm just sitting here at work, bored as shit, and these people come out of nowhere from downstairs and hand me four boxes of pizza!

10/10

If you need any help lemme know.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
GAH Columbo's is amazing. I wish they were a chain.