The Last of Us: Left Behind

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
So I just finished my run of TLoU on Survivor difficulty. Overall, it wasn't too difficult except for a few really rough spots (like the part in Winter where you're playing as Ellie, fighting off waves of infected with David) I think it's the best way to play the game, though. Supplies and ammo are so scarce that it really ratchets up the tension and makes the whole experience more intense. Sneaking through the hotel in Pittsburgh or the ruined skyscrapers in Boston was pretty pants-shitting at times! But really fun.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Supplies and ammo being scarce would be a huge understatement.
Andrew posted this on Facebook when the game came out. Playing it on survivor mode:

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Lol yep pretty much.

Although having said that, I was so stingy with my resources, I got to the hospital at the end and had like 3 molotovs, 3 health kits, 2 bombs, and enough ammo to kill all the dudes in there.

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
just finished it....ehhhh....there was a major ending moment missed in my opinion...it was semi-sad...but my main thing is that people get sucked into this whole "omg the last of us its amazing" vacuum like anything else. its well made. but the dlc was the same as the campaign tho. gameplay wise. nothing special in my opinion. nothing that couldnt have been done in a 2 issue comic book with the same emotional weight from the story.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I STILL haven't continued this. How long is it anyways?

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
So they put out Last of Us on PS4 and prettied it up a bit. I bought it 'cause I am a consumer whore.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
That was fast. Can you tell a difference, graphics wise?

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
The main difference in my mind is that it's all in 60fps, instead of 30 (with noticeable drops) on PS3. It's buttery smooth. It's also running in 1080p, they've improved the lighting and character models as well. Playing with the Dualshock 4 is also a big improvement.

It's still obviously an up-port of a PS3 game, though. The best looking PS3 game, but still a PS3 game. It doesn't compare graphically to, say, Killzone or even AC4. Well, I think it has better character models than AC4, but the world/textures/effects don't compare.

Still glad I bought it.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
I've read several articles on the port and the biggest thing they're hammering on is what Joe's talking about. They make it out to be a much bigger deal though. I don't remember the game ever getting THAT blurry on the PS3. PS4 looks much better in colors and is sharper, but I think it's a little unfair to go after PS3 on a game that looked damn good on it. It doesn't make much difference to me, I'm not the market for this, but I'm glad they're bringing it over to get the franchise going on what is one of the best games I've ever played.

Last edited:

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
I think a lot of people buying PS4s are people who only had 360's and never owned a PS3, so it's also a good thing that those people can experience this game too.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I guess I can understand why character models and such look pretty much the same on PS4 due to them not having higher resolution models/textures than the PS3 would allow. At $50 though, that's a tough sell since it hasn't been that long since the PS3 release. I might have picked it up if they offered a discount if you already owned the PS3 version.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Oh yeah, Joe. Did you know they made it so Dualshock 4 works on PS3 now? I think it only worked on certain games though.