Tarvis' Crafting Emporium

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I figured I'd create a general crafting thread, where you can request something to be crafted, or ask for help, or any other subjects that deal with crafting. I've recently come back to the game with 2.4 and I have been working on all the crafting stuff I missed. I will list things here for my future use, and maybe it will help others as well. If you anything crafted, and already have the materials, feel free to ask.

2.4 HQ Supra Items for Master Books 2:
This is the best rotation I have seen for this. I was able to pull out a 76% HQ chance on a synth that had no hasty touches fail, which is very rare even with Steady Hand II. Yes it did HQ for the record (thank God).

You need a minimum of 395 cp and 3 Tricks of the Trade activations to do this synth. Tricks of the trade can be done in different order than what I listed, but what is listed would be the most optimal time for it to happen. If any of the Piece by Piece or Rapid Synthesis fail, and/or if you don't have at least 2 Tricks of the Trade before Waste Not II, you would be better off using Reclaim and hoping for the best due to lack of progress or CP. Worst comes to worst, you might have to use Tricks of the Trade during one of the Hasty Touch combos, and just take the chance of the last Hasty Touch failing.

For the record, currently my weaver has 440 craftsmanship, 400 control, and 395 cp. I think this synth can be done with as low as 407~ craftsmanship, but you definitely need 395 cp. (352 base + 43 bouillabaisse HQ). I was able to HQ off recipes that had 76% chance, 47% chance, and 17% chance (Byregot's Blessing failed), so dont' give up!
http://www.ffxivcrafter.com/crafting.php?step=simulator&guid=E296BB70-A0FE-4ABB-BB8E-AB141247A180
Comfort Zone
Tricks of the Trade
Inner Quiet
Tricks of the Trade
Piece by Piece
Piece by Piece
Tricks of the Trade
Ingenuity II
Steady Hand II
Rapid Synthesis
Rapid Synthesis
Hasty Touch
Hasty Touch
Hasty Touch
Master's Mend II
Comfort Zone
Steady Hand II
Waste Not II
Hasty Touch
Hasty Touch
Hasty Touch
Hasty Touch
Steady Hand II
Hasty Touch
Hasty Touch
Hasty Touch
Hasty Touch
Hasty Touch
Great Strides
Byregot's Blessing
Careful Synthesis II

ffxiv_11052014_104142.png

More to come.

Last edited:

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
So what is a good course of action for me? My armorer is 399 craft 380 ctrl unbuffed. My offhand is less than ideally melded. Would it be better for you to hq me a Artisan off hand, meld that, get supra nad go from there?

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
Supra you can probably already meld. It's just 5 NQ of those items, pretty easy stuff actually. HQ an off-hand is really risky and expensive as shit, so I would do Supra first. More than likely you are going to get a NQ synth with the artisan off-hand stuff, but I can try if you want.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Isn't the artisan offhand only 3 stars? How are we gonna make any new recipes if we can't make the tools needed for em lol

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
Yeah its 3 stars, and maybe I remembered wrong, maybe it wasn't so much that it was hard to HQ, just that it was really expensive and I didn't want to NQ it. I think I had like 70-80% HQ chance?

Either way, Supra will make it easier unless you want me to try.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Well as far as my crafters go: Carpenter, Blacksmith, Culinarian are all dog shit.

Weaver and Leatherworker are matted well, but missing their i70 tools.

Armorer, Goldsmith, and Alchemist are supa strong.

I have zero supras, I'm like you, I'm only going to focus on one to start at least. I can help you get mastercraft demi probably, but that's about all I can do.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
Arachne Gear is pretty easy to HQ if you have HQ velveteen: http://link.ffxivcrafter.com/?id=cbbRy

HQ velveteen is the same rotation but is RNG oriented since no HQ ingredients. If everything goes perfect on touches, you can get over 100% HQ, but usually I would end up 70-85% (with most being NQ grr). Thankfully, Great Strides + Byregot's Blessing is about the same MP as Reclaim so you at least can do it at the very end if needed, but it really really sucks when Blessing fails.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
They also changed turn ins for artisans stuff. This makes it a lot easier to get a tool and a lot easier to desynth things for Mastercraft Demimat, thus making supras far more affordable and obtainable.

The items required in exchange for goods from Talan in Mor Dhona at Revenant's Toll (X:21 Y:6) have been adjusted as follows:

Artisan's Chocobotail Saw | Spruce Plywood 50→8
Artisan's Cross-pein Hammer | Darksteel Hook 50→10
Artisan's Raising Hammer | Darksteel Wire 50→10
Artisan's Mallet | Rose Gold Cog 50→10
Artisan's Round Knife | Gryphonskin Strap 50→10
Artisan's Needle | Silver Brocade 50→8
Artisan's Alembic | Spirits of Salt 50→20
Artisan's Frypan | Spicy Tomato Relish 50→20
Artisan's Spectacles | Spruce Plywood 10→4
Artisan's Spectacles | Darksteel Hook 10→5
Artisan's Spectacles | Darksteel Wire 10→5
Artisan's Spectacles | Rose Gold Cog 10→5
Artisan's Spectacles | Gryphonskin Strap 10→5
Artisan's Spectacles | Silver Brocade 10→4

EDIT: FIX THAT FORMATTIN, YEAH!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
My 2.5 3 star 40 durability rotation so far:

http://link.ffxivcrafter.com/?id=cbcBb

This at least allows you to reclaim if Rapid Synthesis fails twice.

Nothing really to watch for. Only thing I might change up is at end of synth if you get a Great Strides, good or excellent, go straight to BB instead of using Manipulation.

With these Lucis turn ins, just NQ them instead of reclaiming and go to Talan and turn in your NQ synths to get your ingedients back to try again.

Last edited:

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Obtain all your Lucis people! You too might take over the world.

gcstandings.png

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
This was a good time, but good lord did they piss me off when they nerfed being able to have all crafting jobs leveled and the absolute shit grind they made it.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
fcrank.jpg

pepe-laugh.gif

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Also Athena there about to get added to the list

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
When we were talking about volkswagen bussing it to dynamis I had to giggle remembering these later posts. Thinking about how much it was gonna suck having to build fc points back up but then I rmemebered me u and ur alt made like 20 mil pernts in like 2 mos lol