Revolution Controller

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
revolution-controller-at-a-glance-20050915061358181-000.jpg

So, after reading the editors feedback, I'm pretty excited about this controller. It may spell the end of multiplatform gaming on a nintendo console (or did the gamecube already do that? hah), but the exclusives have the potential to be amazing.

EDIT: oh, and be sure to check out the other pictures IGN has of it.

Last edited:
D

Don Francisco

Nintendo just screwed themselves over. I agree, the in-house games are going to be suh-weet. But good luck trying to get 3rd parties to port their games over.

EDIT: Oh! The thing that I'm most excited about is the ability to turn the Revolution on and off using the controller. That is long overdue.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
the xbox 360 can also be powered on and off with the controller.

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
I don't like the controllers. Too easy to lose and probably break easier than normal. Yeah, I think Nintendo is trying too many new things that may not work out well.

Looks like Super Smash Brothers 3 is going to be harder than crap.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
It looks like a tv/vcr/dvd remote control. HOW REVOLUTIONARY.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
and that sounds like the same shit they said about the gamecube's controller. Nintendo should stop wasting all of its resources on making "revolutionary" controllers and gets some damn third party support. No one gives a shit about the controller. This is no different than the nintendo DS. A gimmick.

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
it'd make for some new kinds of games. i'm sure mario party'll be a hell of a lot more interesting with that piece of work. they said there was a regular controller as well, so its not like its a complete change. its just adding a new option for games. lets not forget that gamecube has a lot of kiddy games which would benefit from this. the only thing that scares me about this is how fragile it looks and dealing with batteries..

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
If they have normal controllers too then its fine. I'm so sick of stupid ass games like Mario Party and Mario Tennis and Mario Golf. If they hadn't tried to be Revolutionary with Wind Waker by using Cel Shaded Graphics it would have been so much better. It'd not realistic, and the stupid remote controller is another idea that is just as bad as they're last few. That regular controller better have a chord from it to the system, because I'm not wasting my money on batteries and probably not on another Nintendo System either unless I see some good things from it.

Last edited:

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
also said there might be a rechargable option for the batteries. and i'm pretty sure there will be a cord for the controller, not positive, you've really got to read the whole thing yourself.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
With xbox360 and ps3 going wireless controller I'm sure nintendo would follow suit. With this controller all I could see it benefitting would be fps's and mini games. Ironically it's not really much different than a nintendo DS touch screen. This isn't even very creative. They had the same thing for the NES but only duck hunt used it.

I'm tired of Nintendo whoring out Mario to whatever "party" game they can come up with. Mario tennis, Mario baseball, Mario Kart, Mario party, super smash bros, Mario golf, and I'm sure plenty others I forgot about. It's ridiculous. For a company that is supposed to be so "innovative" why the hell can't they come up with new games that aren't using the mario name just so they won't flop. And when most of the system's best games come from the first party, it's pretty fucking sad.

No one gives a shit about Nintendo's gimmicks. Oh wow, the nintendo ds has like 10 games. And most of those games are just a series of minigames. Like wario ware and mario party, and that sega game. And mostly first party games, as with every nintendo system since the 64.

They don't even know what anyone wants. Yeah sure, this controller might be fun until after the 2nd or 3rd game that is the exact same as the other. But, Nintendo promised something "revolutionary" and yet they give us an almost 20 year old technology in a prettier case.

Maybe if Nintendo wasn't so stuck up they could actually get developers (SQUARE ENIX), as it is no secret that the system that gets FF usually gets alot more money than the others. Oh and the games Square Enix did do for the gamecube/GBA were a joke. Probably an intentional joke for Nintendo being such a dickhead for all these years.

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
And all these people are saying this, everywhere, and Nintendo still doesn't care. Jeeze, family system? 5 year olds have x-boxes and ps2s, so there is no excuse for that anymore.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
well lets face it. nobody cares about nintendo and their shitty controllers.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Or how about a boxing game that uses dual remotes, one in each hand, where you actually control the boxers hands. You actually get to perform the hooks, jabs, blocks, uppercuts, and whatnot.

yeah i can see me throwing an uppercut and the controller going out of my hand and straight into the ceiling fan. then it ricochets off that and hits my dog in the face and kills it. thanks a lot nintendo.