Question for God of War fanatics.

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
I have played all of the GoW games except Gow3 and Ghost of Sparta. I read the back of Ghost of Sparta and it says "all the mysteries of Kratos past revealed" or something like that bla bla bla. My question is...would playing GoS before GoW3 spoil anything for me? Im really big on trying to play things in continuity order and even though I know GoS is a prequel...I still dont want to play things GoS first if there is a reason they were released in that order.

Also, it would be helpful if you didnt answer my question with a spoiler. thanks lol

ps: if you're wondering why I dont just play GoW3 first...its because I dont own a PS3 and I'm going away soon and was gonna bring my PSP and play GoS.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
My google-fu has told me this is the ideal order:

GoW: Chains of Olympus
GoW1
GoW: Ghost of Sparta
GoW2
GoW3

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
My google-fu has told me this is the ideal order:

GoW: Chains of Olympus
GoW1
GoW: Ghost of Sparta
GoW2
GoW3

well thats the order of the canon...but not the order of the release dates. playing them in order of the canon is not neccessarily the ideal way to do it because sometimes you need a character base built up before going back and seeing the origin. for instance, i wouldnt recommend metal gear solid 3 to be the first game ppl play in the series

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
The third one was a huge disappointment, IMO. There were fun parts, but all in all, I expected more.

I haven't played the PSP games, but I have read the backstories and plot points. It doesn't seem to have any direct connection to 3. In fact, a decent amount of GoS's story is revealed in the extra videos from GoW1.