Nintendo Switch

Buying/Bought a Switch?

• Total voters

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Oh, I've already looked at those and nada so far. But there was a youtube channel(s) uploading gameplay since last night so idk.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Looks like the video of the leaked copy is fake. The video shows the gamepad showing a map, but apparently there have been comments from Aonuma saying that all gamepad functionality has been removed from the game.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Yeah he said it was disruptive to the gamer to have to look down at the gamepad, which is kind of admitting the Wii U concept is a failure.

I remember Skyward Sword leaking about a week or more(?) before release date, because I'm pretty sure I had completed it by the time my real copy showed up in the mail.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Dear Travis,

Thank you so much for pre-ordering the Nintendo Switch from GameStop! Your order is going to be in your hands before you know it!

In preparation for shipping your order, we will be authorizing your payment method on 2/25. This means we will be holding the payment so we can ship your order on time. Now is the time to make sure that your billing and payment information is up to date and accurate. If the billing information is not up to date, your order may be delayed.

If you would like to update your billing information, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at 1-800-883-8895 and a Guest Care agent will be able to assist you in updating this information.

On 3/2, you will receive an email from GameStop which will contain the tracking information for your Nintendo Switch order. Based on the shipping method that you selected, you should expect to receive your order on Friday, 3/3!

It’s dangerous to go alone! Don’t forget to pre-order your copy of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild The Complete Official Guide today at GameStop.com!

If you need to update your billing information or if you have further questions or concerns about your order, we are here for you. Please reach out to us at 1-800-883-8895.

Have a wonderful day,

Your friends at GameStop.com”

:cool:

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Ok, I got my Switch on Friday so here is my thoughts on it.

It has spent about 99% of the time connected to the dock but that is mostly due to recording BoTW. The joycons are mostly fine, however the buttons feel small to me but I have large hands but this isn't a big issue to me. The pro controller feels a lot better, although I like the joysticks on the joycons more.

From the time I have had it out of the dock, it has a nice feel and weight to it. However at the same time, I'm worried to death I'm going to drop the thing. Would like a protective case for it, but then you lose the dock functionality unless it's an extremely thin case or take the case off every time?

The UI is BARREN. There is really nothing else to do outside of playing games on this thing. No Miiverse, no activity log, nothing. You have your games, eShop, a screenshot album, settings, and that is it. No virtual console yet either. On the plus side you actually get notification when friends sign on which is nice. No achievements and no sense of community. This is really disappointing as I was hoping that Miiverse would be expanded here, but they seem to have completely dropped it. Why?

eShop is also pretty empty. There is about six(?) games and that is about it. Also seems like you have to enter your CC info every time you purchase something now? Maybe I missed a setting, but that seems to be the case.

Otherwise, system is nice, no Wii U initial problems here. Nintendo has finally figured out how to do cumulative updates instead of downloading the whole firmware like on the Wii U so the first system update you download takes all of 10 seconds. The UI is snappy and loading games is quick, which you would expect from a cartridge based system.

I'm excited for its potential, however the system feels rushed which doesn't make sense because it seems like Nintendo would have had no problem releasing near the holiday season instead. I'm hoping that feature updates come fast and soon, but we'll see. Right now it is mainly a BoTW system, although me and the wife do enjoy the Snipperclips.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
A year of owning this thing it's been a good fun system, but the build quality is POO POO or I just got a defective unit. First thing that broke was the kickstand as it refused to stay closed which was annoying in portable form. Ordered a new kickstand thinking maybe the rubber had worn down or something, but nope; same problem.

Took the back off and saw that the plastic piece that holds the kickstand had broken as well as the piece that holds the top left screw of the back plate. How these broke, I have no idea as I rarely took it out of the dock and it was never dropped once. Whatever, ordered a new back piece and replaced and now kickstand is so snug that you really have to yank it to get it out which is fine because I don't use it.

Then later, the grill above the fan on the top of the switch, all the plastic spines had broken??? Really weird. It also looks like there is a tiny hairline crack next to the power button.

Would have warrantied it (too late now I suppose), as I see other people have had the same issue, but no way was I going to potentially lose my 500 hour BOTW save over cosmetic issues. Really a shame that Nintendo hasn't at least done cloud saving by this point.

Otherwise, its been a great system. I still miss Miiverse though.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I've had zero physical issues with mine, but I also almost exclusively play it docked. Maybe like 5% undocked.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Lol, I haven't played it or taken it out of the dock in about a month or so, until yesterday, and it has more cracks developing. IDK what is up with mine. One day it will be just the screen that is left. Hopefully it can hold on until cloud saves and possible revision.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Still no issues with mine, I've been mostly playing Xeno 2 and catching up with BotW's DLC stuff.