Nintendo On

• Admin

Who remembers this video from way back in 2005? Shortly before the reveal of the Wii at E3 2005, this video was released claiming to be a leaked copy of Nintendo's new system. Showcasing a virtual reality headset among other features, the Nintendo ON created quite a buzz in the Nintendo fanbase with people believing the video to be real with others skeptic, but hopeful. Even Nintendo itself thought the video was well done.

Interestingly the guy who created the Nintendo ON video, Pablo Belmonte, is also the same guy who created the Majora's Mask Wii U video that was released right before E3 2012.

Obviously now we all know this was a hoax, but back then it was a really interesting concept and seemed to be inline of what Nintendo was hyping their "revolution" machine to be. The Nintendo ON was one of the better video game hoaxes we've ever seen. With Ocular Rift gaining quite a bit of developer support and Sony looking like they are set to announce their own VR headset at GDC, could we see Nintendo's next system heading in the direction of the Nintendo ON?

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I think Nintendo's next console will probably get back to their roots and be a standard console with very little emphasis on "gimmicks". They hit gold with the Wii, but were unable to do it a second time with the Wii U, and I think that will make them think twice before trying anything unusual again.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
I think I just wanna press some damn buttons without having to flail a remote around or strap some shit to my face

I think I'm officially a grumpy old man