New FF15 Trailer

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003

Yeah this game looks like it'll be really good, when it finally comes out in 2087! It will certainly bring some joy to our dark, dark world after the nuclear holocaust.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
THAT AINT FINAL FANTASY AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

tetsuya nomura should be kicked in the nuggets

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Actually they announced he's not directing it any more, he's doing KH3. Of course it's too late for a new director to make any big changes.

Or not considering it won't be out until the dark, distant, unimaginable future

I do suspect that KH3 and FF15 are gonna be extremely similar in a lot of ways, practically to the point of being the same game. Same director, same composer, same battle system. Just stick Aladdin up in FF15 and boom.

Last edited:

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I meant to comment on this earlier, oops.

The gameplay looks ok, but whats with 70% of the trailer being four dudes (one woman?) in a car. Is the car a central aspect of the game?! I have to agree with Logan, this doesn't feel like Final Fantasy one bit besides the ridiculous hairstyles. Graphics are nice I suppose and the one thing constant with Final Fantasy is that the music is usually really good (FF14 being the exception to me).

I don't know, I'm hoping to God Square Enix can pull off a good Final Fantasy game again, but my expectations for Square Enix is at an all time low. The only good games they seem to put anymore are on handhelds. I haven't really paid attention to this game since its announcement trailer so maybe there are things I'm missing, but this trailer makes me feel uneasy.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
I think it's supposed to have a road-trip vibe, but it ain't gonna be entirely about driving around - the last E3 trailer was all fighting dudes in a big city and such. I'm weirdly kind of into the road-trip thing.

TBH I'm not sure what it means to say it doesn't feel like a Final Fantasy. Given the bad reception recent games in the franchise have gotten, perhaps that's a good thing?

I think it's probably fair to say that the future of Final Fantasy is riding on this game. If it doesn't meet expectations (although really, how can it?) I wouldn't be surprised if there's never a Final Fantasy 16.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Final Fantasy really hasn't felt like Final Fantasy since 10 for me, but the trailer gave me an even worse vibe than FF13 ended up being. Once they moved away from the random battles and classic turn based combat the series has sort of fell apart for me. FF7 and FF8 had cars yeah, but I dunno here they just feel foreign.

I think Square Enix feels they have to change the formula up every time they release FF and now they've changed it up so much that the series is nothing like its roots. Theres not a problem keeping some things the same over time. Look at Zelda, it's kept pretty much the same formula set in different worlds and ultimately different characters for the most part and has been since the beginning and each game meets rave reviews and sales. Besides a few set pieces like some reoccurring enemies, chocobos, and moogles, Final Fantasy games now are only Final Fantasy in name alone and I think that's why they are now failing. I think thats why the trailer kinda gives me a "meh" feeling, because you can rename that game to any other action adventure game like Xenoblade or Monster Hunter and I could believe it.

Trying not to be to negative, as this game will still probably be pretty good, but just wishing they would return to their roots and stop trying to change things up just for the sake of it. Give me a good story and not awful dialog and I'd be set.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I just notice a March 2015 release date. UHHH that seems pretty soon for this game.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
I'm pretty sure SE makes most of their money these days from publishing stuff like Deus Ex Human Revolution and Tomb Raider, and also now that FF14 is successful.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
I just notice a March 2015 release date. UHHH that seems pretty soon for this game.

I dunno where you heard that but no fuckin' way. If this game is out in 2015 I will eat my hat. I mean, literally. I will record a video of myself eating a hat and post it here. (We're talking about a March 2015 release in the US, not Japan, that doesn't count)

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Some sites say that, others say the demo is coming in March bundled with Final Fantasy Type-O HD. So if demo is out then, the full version couldn't be too far behind?

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Alright that would make more sense.

Also they gotta release the song in that trailer as a stand-alone asap. I can't stop listening to it.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I have never really gotten into Final Fantasy, I've only played a handful of them and never finished any of them. Just going from the trailers, this game has zero appeal to me. The visuals look great I guess, but that's all I get from it.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Man I haven't played 7 in forever. I bought it when it was on sale on Steam last Christmas but haven't played it yet. Still planning on it at some point, but, y'know.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Best Final Fantasy OST/Songs:

The majority of FF8s.

One Winged Angel
Fight with Seymour

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Now official FF OST / nostalgia thread.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Generally the FFX HD remake made the music worse, but this one is way better than the original.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
FF13 gets a lot of shit but it has great music

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Some of it was pretty good. I didn't mind FFX HD's remixes that much. They were better than I thought they would be. I would say FF9 had some of the better battle themes.